Paid for two rooms - solo rate

goofytoo

Hi, since it was practically the same price for my daughter and myself to share a cabin or book two solo cabins, I booked two solo cabins. I am Platinum, she is not. I have her linked to my credit card. Can she board VIP with me since we have charges going to the same credit card or does she go through the other line? Either way doesn't matter that much to me. I just don't want her to get to the front of the regular line, just to be told she should have checked in with me.

If the cabins are linked, she will be allowed to do so. We did this with friends who had a suite. We were told "no" at the entrance to the lounge, but explained our rooms were linked and the lady at the counter waved us through.

Thanks guys.

I do have her room linked to mine and her S&S card is set up to charge to my account. Just got our room assignments and our rooms are right next to each other. We really lucked out.:D

Once you are on board you can go to the customer service desk and set up her own S&S account.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

I'm having a similar issue in January with my 2 rooms. I was only able to purchase FTTF for one room. FTTF is sold out and I'm hoping it opens up again so I can book for the 2nd room. I am a family of 5 and have 2 rooms. One with me and my DD and the other with my DH and DS, DS. Obviously we are all linked on the same S&S account but noone can confirm if they will be able to check in with me.

I guess I'll find out in 39 days. :)

I'm having a similar issue in January with my 2 rooms. I was only able to purchase FTTF for one room. FTTF is sold out and I'm hoping it opens up again so I can book for the 2nd room. I am a family of 5 and have 2 rooms. One with me and my DD and the other with my DH and DS, DS. Obviously we are all linked on the same S&S account but noone can confirm if they will be able to check in with me.

I guess I'll find out in 39 days. :)

FTTF is booked per cabin. I doubt they'll let the "unpaid" cabin board with you. That would defeat the purpose of charging for FTTF. Good luck though. Lucky your DH is booked in the other cabin so your kids wont be alone waiting on the looooooong line to board.

If the cabins are linked, she will be allowed to do so. We did this with friends who had a suite. We were told "no" at the entrance to the lounge, but explained our rooms were linked and the lady at the counter waved us through.

It really all depends on the agent working that day. I've been able to do this in the past, but last Friday we were told NO!!!

Eventhough I paid for 2 cabins, the one without the Platinum had to go through the regular line.

It really all depends on the agent working that day. I've been able to do this in the past, but last Friday we were told NO!!!

Eventhough I paid for 2 cabins, the one without the Platinum had to go through the regular line.

Were both cabins' Sign & Sail accounts on your credit card, too?

Once you are on board you can go to the customer service desk and set up her own S&S account.

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

I've read on CC that some cruiseports may actually be enforcing the rules. Imagine that!

Too many people are linking bookings with one credit card just to be able to board together with Platinum or FTTF and then changing once onboard the ship. CCL is getting wise to it.

Yes, paid for both, linked them and put both onboard expenses on my credit card.

Then you should have been able to check in together. I know everyone says it's a loophole for children in another cabin, but technically, the website states that someone in another cabin who is on the Platinum member's sign & sail account can check in and board together.

I've read on CC that some cruiseports may actually be enforcing the rules. Imagine that!

Too many people are linking bookings with one credit card just to be able to board together with Platinum or FTTF and then changing once onboard the ship. CCL is getting wise to it.

And I only agree with it when it's legitimate. If someone is willing to put someone else on their account for easy check-in, then they'd better be willing to keep them on their account...

FTTF is booked per cabin. I doubt they'll let the "unpaid" cabin board with you. That would defeat the purpose of charging for FTTF. Good luck though. Lucky your DH is booked in the other cabin so your kids wont be alone waiting on the looooooong line to board.

Obviously if I have to, I will go in the looooonngg line with my family. We will board together either way. I purchased FTTF for the purpose of getting to my room as soon as we board so we can go out sightseeing since we don't leave port until 10pm. If it becomes available again, I have no problem paying for the "unpaid" cabin.

I am a family so I did not link for the purpose of boarding together. We are all on the same S&S account either way and won't be changing it once we board. My kids are spoiled. I pay their way ;)

Edited by girlscruise2011