quick question regarding birth certificates....sorry!

Rainbowfalls

Has anyone recently used birth certificates instead of passports? Are they still taking birth certificates and ids? I am asking because someone told one of my family members that they just changed the policy and it's now stricter so you have to have a passport to travel even on a closed loop cruise. :rolleyes:

Has anyone recently used birth certificates instead of passports? Are they still taking birth certificates and ids? I am asking because someone told one of my family members that they just changed the policy and it's now stricter so you have to have a passport to travel even on a closed loop cruise. :rolleyes:

Make them prove it.

Won't happen. BC is still accepted. (closed loop, US citizen)

Edited by thinfool

That policy/ law was short lived, 1year. Closed loop, BC and ID is all you need for U.S. Citizen

GO MIZZOU!!!!!!!

Edited by nitro2448

Thank you everyone, I didn't think it changed but I think last minute nerves are getting to them and making them doubt.

Congrats to your parents! All the non-cruisers I know love to tell horror stories about all the terrible things that can happen on a cruise. This sounds like one of them. :D

Congrats to your parents! All the non-cruisers I know love to tell horror stories about all the terrible things that can happen on a cruise. This sounds like one of them. :D

Lol I know I just brush them off now especially since finding cc. And the person who told my dad has never cruised before but apparently brought up some website that states about only passports will be accepted. I think after being disproved they will stop listening to others at least I hope lol.