Pinel Island, Marigot, Frontstreet and Maho, can we make it?

voyager89

Hello,

We will be coming back to St Maarten on January. It was by far our favorite island, even though we missed a lot to do. We didnt go to Marigot and we want to go this time. Fronstreet is must because we like to shop a lot but we might spend an hour there tops. We want to go to Maho again! And we just discovered Pinel island which looks like a true paradise.

I was wondering if somebody that has been to all this 4 places know if we can make it. Our ship is at port 8 - 5:30, being 5 all aboard time. I know we are subject to the ferry times if we go to Pinel. We might be at Marigot for an hour or so too. But you know how time flies!

We will be going back to St Maarten a 3rd time in October so its not like we will never come back again, so we might leave something for that time, I just dont know what :confused:

I appreciate any advise!

Given the distance to Pinel plus the ferry time, that might be the one to cut.

You want to allow time at each key place to appreciate it, and not spend the whole day just getting from one to the other. Having been to Pinel, I do not think it is worth what it would take away from other activities - why would you want to go there?

Hello,

We will be coming back to St Maarten on January. It was by far our favorite island, even though we missed a lot to do. We didnt go to Marigot and we want to go this time. Fronstreet is must because we like to shop a lot but we might spend an hour there tops. We want to go to Maho again! And we just discovered Pinel island which looks like a true paradise.

I was wondering if somebody that has been to all this 4 places know if we can make it. Our ship is at port 8 - 5:30, being 5 all aboard time. I know we are subject to the ferry times if we go to Pinel. We might be at Marigot for an hour or so too. But you know how time flies!

We will be going back to St Maarten a 3rd time in October so its not like we will never come back again, so we might leave something for that time, I just dont know what :confused:

I appreciate any advise!

How about Marigot, Mullet, Maho and Phillipsburg in January and Grand Case and Pinel in October.

Thank you all so much guys!

I thought Pinel was a must see, should I just skip it then? I might then do Orient bay in the morning until Marigot stores are open, then go to Maho for a couple of hours and then philipsburg on our way back. That way we can have some spare time. Yeash I realize I was trying to do so much and I would only be looking at the clock to see if it was time to leave already..

Thanks again!

I thought Pinel was a must see, should I just skip it then? I might then do Orient bay in the morning until Marigot stores are open, then go to Maho for a couple of hours and then philipsburg on our way back. That way we can have some spare time. Yeash I realize I was trying to do so much and I would only be looking at the clock to see if it was time to leave already..

Thanks again!

Plan to be at Maho by 12-12:30 at the latest. If you have a car then your plan should be fine. If you are taking taxis I would recommend Marigot first then Mullet and a 15 minute walk to Maho.

Am I missing some amazing shopping in Marigot, besides the cute little outdoor mall? I honestly thought the food and pastries were more of the attraction... but to each their own...

I like the views from the port, the crafters at the Marigot Market ( wed and sat) and Serafina's bakery and walking and stopping at a few shops at Marina Royale. I always plan on stopping for lunch at Tropicana but end up in Grand Case at lunch instead on those days.

There is a high end mall. Not my thing but people who like designer labels and price tags might like to spend some time there.

Thanks again!

This alternate should by doable, if you rent a car. Must leave the beach by 11am at latest. The big planes hit Maho between 1:30pm and 3pm on most days.

This alternate should by doable, if you rent a car. Must leave the beach by 11am at latest. The big planes hit Maho between 1:30pm and 3pm on most days.

I have seen the largest jet the KLM land at 10:45 in the summer. I think in the winter 11:30 to 2:30 is a good time for the winter months.

I'm not clear on the leave the beach comment refers to.

gary

i want to do philipsburg,front street then mullet & end up at mayo for the planes. does the water taxi take us over to front street?

I guess my next question would be that I would have to get a taxi to get over to mullet, then walk 15 minutes to maho?

what time would we have to leave maho by taxi to get back to the ship in a reasonable time?

57 more days.....

i want to do philipsburg,front street then mullet & end up at mayo for the planes. does the water taxi take us over to front street?

I guess my next question would be that I would have to get a taxi to get over to mullet, then walk 15 minutes to maho?

what time would we have to leave maho by taxi to get back to the ship in a reasonable time?

57 more days.....

Check in a couple of weeks before your departure as bridge opening times are a little up in the air and it's difficult to give you the correct answer as to when to leave Maho for your dates.