Questions about Future Cruise Desk

Jgilbert813

The main incentive is an On Board Credit,,, I think it's $50 for a four or five night, $75 for a six night cruise, $100 for a seven to eleven, and $150 for a twelve. (May be slightly off on the $150?) The lady from the "Book On Board" desk on my last cruise, said that if you didn't know exactly which cruise you wanted, you can book with a code that doesn't require a charge to change your dates, and that way you can still book without knowing exactly what/when you want. Personally, I always get all my "Ducks in a Row" before sailing, then go to the "Book On Board" person, and book it. That way it's FAST, and I know I'm getting a good deal, because I've already done all my homework, right down to the cabin I want.

"SKY"

The main incentive is an On Board Credit,,, I think it's $50 for a four or five night, $75 for a six night cruise, $100 for a seven to eleven, and $150 for a twelve. (May be slightly off on the $150?) The lady from the "Book On Board" desk on my last cruise, said that if you didn't know exactly which cruise you wanted, you can book with a code that doesn't require a charge to change your dates, and that way you can still book without knowing exactly what/when you want. Personally, I always get all my "Ducks in a Row" before sailing, then go to the "Book On Board" person, and book it. That way it's FAST, and I know I'm getting a good deal, because I've already done all my homework, right down to the cabin I want.

"SKY"

It is a loophole which I am surprised they havent yet closed

We were on the Victory in Sept. and stopped by the desk several times and knew pretty much what I wanted. The fellow there was very busy with cruise bookings, MasterCard enrollment, and drink cards. He did all three. Long lines and he didn't seem real knowledgeable. He may have just been stretched on job duties. Came home and booked and got a better deal.

I thought Carnival didn't give any OBC for booking on board? Be pissed if they do, otherwise would have booked all my cruises for this year while on board. Just did it at my leisure from home because heard they stop giving any incentives.

I thought Carnival didn't give any OBC for booking on board? Be pissed if they do, otherwise would have booked all my cruises for this year while on board. Just did it at my leisure from home because heard they stop giving any incentives.

Yes they do.

They stopped selling the paper certificates. Now you have to book cruises onboard to get the booking OBC.

IIRC it is $50 for cruises up to 6 days, $100 for cruises 7-13 days and $200 for cruises 14 days and longer.

We were on the Victory in Sept. and stopped by the desk several times and knew pretty much what I wanted. The fellow there was very busy with cruise bookings, MasterCard enrollment, and drink cards. He did all three. Long lines and he didn't seem real knowledgeable. He may have just been stretched on job duties. Came home and booked and got a better deal.

I am very leery of booking on board again. Panama Canal cruise booked a 15 day Hawaii and a TA. Told by the guy he was too busy with the credit card sign ups come back another time. Finally got them booked and assumed all was well. Apparently he did not fill out the part about auto pay for the balance. We were cancelled on the TA (rebooked but it cost me $200) and was on the verge of cancelled on Hawaii. I will not do again but if I did I would check every detail when I get the paperwork. This guy was the first and only Carnival person I have ever encountered who was just plain rude. Live and learn. Did the TA, leaving Sat for the Hawaii one and then our first B2B in Jan all on Carnival.

I am very leery of booking on board again. Panama Canal cruise booked a 15 day Hawaii and a TA. Told by the guy he was too busy with the credit card sign ups come back another time. Finally got them booked and assumed all was well. Apparently he did not fill out the part about auto pay for the balance. We were cancelled on the TA (rebooked but it cost me $200) and was on the verge of cancelled on Hawaii. I will not do again but if I did I would check every detail when I get the paperwork. This guy was the first and only Carnival person I have ever encountered who was just plain rude. Live and learn. Did the TA, leaving Sat for the Hawaii one and then our first B2B in Jan all on Carnival.

Gotta watch them like a hawk