Did I just get ripped off?

workink

Supposedly too, all calls are recorded.

Hope everything works out for you. That is the type of actions that will sour someone to the cruiseline! This is not their (NCL) normal bussiness practice.

Jon

Unless you're informed before the conversation begins that the call may be recorded, it isn't.

The law clearly states that any phone conversation that will be recorded, that the party being recorded must be informed prior to any conversation takes place. Hence giving the party being recorded an opportunity to continue or decline the conversation.

All this does is give both parties involved protection and proof for any course of action taken in the future against any or both parties involved.

cheers...the Ump...:D

Unless you're informed before the conversation begins that the call may be recorded, it isn't.

The law clearly states that any phone conversation that will be recorded, that the party being recorded must be informed prior to any conversation takes place. Hence giving the party being recorded an opportunity to continue or decline the conversation.

All this does is give both parties involved protection and proof for any course of action taken in the future against any or both parties involved.

Remember that we are now talking about EU office and non-US laws. For example here in Finland, anyone taking part in conversation (meaning that others are aware that one can hear it, no need to actively talk) can legally record the discussion without telling about it to anyone.

I've been on the phone 4 times this week with NCL U.S. Now I may be a little off in my wording, however, they state "this call MAY be recorded for quality purposes". Or something very similar to that.

Hi workink,

Just read through this thread and wanted to say I'm sorry you got caught in such an unpleasant situation. You sound like a really reasonable person and I'm so glad to hear that things worked out--I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

All the best!

Jamie

Edited by tripfilmsjamie

Congrats on getting this worked out. So, was the amount you paid really for a balcony and you got an additional upgrade because of the promise made to you? If so, kudos to NCL for stepping up on this one.

I find it interesting, however, that one day all mini-suites were sold out, then the next day they assign you one. I guess it's magic :)

And in many US states, only one party needs to permit the recording.