Buffalo airport area restaurants?

QuattroRomeo

We often fly out of Buffalo to the Florida ports, but haven't found a good restaurant to go to when we stay the night before the flight. Any suggestions for a casual place with decent food within a few minutes drive of airport hotels? Maybe on Gennessee or Transit Roads?

• 2 weeks later...

If you want REAL Buffalo chicken wings or other good food, go to DUFF's on Dick Road down from the airport, not far from the Homewood Suites.

Thank you we will have to try these on a future trip, since we just returned from our cruise.

(I had originally posted this on the Florida departure ports forum since we were close to our cruise date but I knew lots of Canucks like us fly out of Buffalo to Florida departure ports. However, the thread got moved to NY departure ports by I assume the moderator, so I missed my target audience).

I really appreciate your taking the time to make suggestions!!

If you are looking for a more upscale restaurant for a nice dinner before you depart, Salvatore's Italian Gardens is at the corner of Genesee and Transit.

Thank you-now this restaurant we know! We usually stay at Salvatore's Garden Place hotel , but this year the parksleepfly option was sold out for our timeframe. Italian Gardens restaurant is a fun place to go when there is time for it, especially at Christmas with all of their decorations!