Soft Pretzels in The District on DCL Dream

tdnosnhoj11

As odd as it may seem, my favorite food on this ship was a soft pretzel. They were served on the small buffet in The District (adult only area) during lunch on the Sea Day and I only saw them that one day. I looked for them every single day, multiple times a day, after that but never found them.

Does anyone know what type of pretzel this was? It had something that resembled grated cheese sprinkled on top and had a filling that was almost custard-like. It may have even been dough that hadn't been cooked through, I couldn't tell. I need to find these pretzels again... I'm hungry just thinking about it! :p

This was our 3rd cruise and we just discovered these pretzels at Flo's. They are VERY good.

Are they new or did we just miss out?

They are new. When we cruised the Dream in 2011 and the Magic in 2012, they did not have the pretzels.

I think the first report I saw of the pretzels was when the Wonder did the Eastern Panama Canal trip and then there were reports that the pretzels were on the Fantasy and then the Dream.

I did a local search for them, they aren't sold at any local pretzel places. Schwan's has a form of them, but only bites, and I can't trust they'll be the same. So then, come to find out, these things are nearly nowhere except at Disney! But then I found this gem....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ci05hRcSpk

Maybe I won't have to take a trip to Disney after all :)

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Fantasy the week after Thanksgiving, and they had them the second to last day at the pizza section near the family pools.

You could get plain or cream cheese filled and they had a bowls of melted butter, sea salt or cinnamon sugar to spread on them. Mmmmmmmmmmmm it was my favorite snack of the cruise by far!!! (getting hungry now :D)

Oh almost forgot!! Ours were in the shape of Mickey's head! Really cute and delicious.

Edited by Lovedisneycruise

We were on the Fantasy the week after Thanksgiving, and they had them the second to last day at the pizza section near the family pools.

You could get plain or cream cheese filled and they had a bowls of melted butter, sea salt or cinnamon sugar to spread on them. Mmmmmmmmmmmm it was my favorite snack of the cruise by far!!! (getting hungry now :D)

Oh almost forgot!! Ours were in the shape of Mickey's head! Really cute and delicious.

Did they have the Jalepeno pretzels?

Did they have the Jalepeno pretzels?

I only noticed the two varieties, but they may have had those. There were stacks and stacks of them, but I don't eat spicy foods, so may have missed those.

But the plain ones were really flavorful and delicious--not "plain" at all--especially with the melted butter and cinnamon:p.....and I think I went back 3 times for them in one afternoon! I took a little fruit too so it wouldn't look so bad lol. :D