New Sample dinner menu posted!

Hgu314

This might work out. I am excited actually to try this new concept. I would not like to share with quest I don't know but with friends and family that sounds great.

My only question is once they try it on the Glory will it continue on or it will stop then go onto the next ship ?

This might make me decided if I want yo cruise the Glory as she is one of the ships I am looking to cruise in January.

Thxs

Sea ya

I can't speak for other parts of the US, but I live in the Southeast and "family style" dining is quite nice. A wide range of side dishes and appetizers that everyone can pick from and share. I think this is good and offers more variety at one seating instead of picking only one or two appetizers a night. I'm sure there will still be the usual starters for those who aren't into "family style" dining or just don't like the appetizers offered. An interesting development to say the least.

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

Family style dining is not appropriate when everyone at the table are not "family". Also, not everyone is as diligent about washing their hands as they should be.

We won't be cruising again until Summer 2015 so the new menus should be refined and rolled out to all. My mom wasn't impressed with the samples so we will take a wait and see attitude. The evening meal is a highlight for us as we enjoy a sit-down, multi-course meal as a family after spending our days in separate pursuits. Once the full 7 day menus make their way to the public we will decide if we want to book Carnival or try another line.

Family style doesn't bother me nor does removal of table cloths.

Really love the Port of Call menu. Very innovative. This means every cruise will have a slighty different menu. Wonder what the Port Canaveral menu will be.

One thing I noticed was a lack of shellfish dishes and most of the fishes are the cheaper varieties.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

JMO....I hope they have some sort of "everyday" menu foods on there too?

I honestly think they should NOT have even released this menu without also releasing the "everyday" selections (if they have them)

If they do NOT have everyday/spa/vegetarian/sugar free...if this is the whole menu then ....wow...not a good change

IF there is MORE to the menu - and most of us hope there is - then why not release it too?? At the very least it seems like another bad public relations move on Carnival's part

JMO....I hope they have some sort of "everyday" menu foods on there too?

I honestly think they should NOT have even released this menu without also releasing the "everyday" selections (if they have them)

If they do NOT have everyday/spa/vegetarian/sugar free...if this is the whole menu then ....wow...not a good change

IF there is MORE to the menu - and most of us hope there is - then why not release it too?? At the very least it seems like another bad public relations move on Carnival's part

I think the healthy options are the grill menu. IMHO I believe everyday and spa are gone.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Family style dining is not appropriate when everyone at the table are not "family". Also, not everyone is as diligent about washing their hands as they should be.

You have your opinion and I have mine. However, JH explicitly said if you don't feel comfortable sharing your appetizers with strangers to order one for yourself and it would be of appropriate size. You make it sound as if he's forcing people to join in on "family style" dining. And yes, I have been to restaurants where you sit with strangers and share, but no one is digging in with their hands. Utensils are provided. We do have manors here in the South :rolleyes:

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

If this was about cost cutting they would do away with the menu altogether and have singing, dancing waiters tell you what tonight's selection was.

You are so right, Sarge, and the waiters would look brilliant in uniforms designed in Seahawks Blue and Green :)

The napkins will probably be at that big counter with the ketchup and mustard packets between the straws and the sugar packets. Look for the big square trashcan where you put your trays.:(

Or paper towels in a holder on center of table would be more convenient, also a holder for the plastic forks, spoons, straws, etc. would be convenient...I plan on bringing a cloth napkin from the buffet and use it as a place mat...

You are so right, Sarge, and the waiters would look brilliant in uniforms designed in Seahawks Blue and Green :)

How absurd. If anything, black, red, white, and yellow for Miami Heat. :p:rolleyes:

Or paper towels in a holder on center of table would be more convenient, also a holder for the plastic forks, spoons, straws, etc. would be convenient...I plan on bringing a cloth napkin from the buffet and use it as a place mat...

Far more sanitary and cheaper to replace when passengers steal them.

You have no idea whether people washed their hands or not. Just like they won't know if you have either. I've done family style dining and nobody's hands touched the food. That's what they make serving utensils for. And at the end of the day, if you feel everyone has the cooties, you don't have to participate in this dining style. Good grief!

Wonder if this is the entire menu? If so lot less choices than before and that would not be a good thing at all.

Was on the Dream 11/16-11/23. Food was terrible, served cold, small portions, slow service. Don't believe that the sugar free desserts were sugar free. 5 previous cruises on Carnival were fine but in the four years since our last Carnival cruise, everything has gone down hill. Have sailed on other cruise lines and Carnival will have to make it worth my while to cruise with them again. They've gone from inexpensive to cheap...and there is a difference.

Was on the Dream 11/16-11/23. Food was terrible, served cold, small portions, slow service. Don't believe that the sugar free desserts were sugar free. 5 previous cruises on Carnival were fine but in the four years since our last Carnival cruise, everything has gone down hill. Have sailed on other cruise lines and Carnival will have to make it worth my while to cruise with them again. They've gone from inexpensive to cheap...and there is a difference.

Quick question about the MDR wait team getting your drinks.

Was there any mention of adding more wait staff?

In the past the waiters seemed to be stretched pretty thin. If they now have to go to the bar to get drinks that would stretch them even thinner.

Bill

Sent from Iphone 4S using Cruise Critic App

In the past the waiters seemed to be stretched pretty thin. If they now have to go to the bar to get drinks that would stretch them even thinner.

Bill

Last time we cruised, drinks we requested at the beggining of the meal came after coffee. We have since learned to buy them before walking into the MDR.

You have no idea whether people washed their hands or not. Just like they won't know if you have either. I've done family style dining and nobody's hands touched the food. That's what they make serving utensils for. And at the end of the day, if you feel everyone has the cooties, you don't have to participate in this dining style. Good grief!

It's not the food. If they didnt wash their hands, the parts they touch on the platters are the same place you are putting your hands. Noro galore.

Bill

Somewhere in the vast comments on that other social media site it was stated that they have a new automated system. The waiter enters the drink order and it is brought out by bar wait staff. So it looks to me that the MDR staff is only putting in the order. Doesn't have to actually fetch it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Somewhere in the vast comments on that other social media site it was stated that they have a new automated system. The waiter enters the drink order and it is brought out by bar wait staff. So it looks to me that the MDR staff is only putting in the order. Doesn't have to actually fetch it.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thank you very much. May book Glory to try it out in march if I can find some decent airfare

Bill

Perhaps I missed this, but does anyone know when the new menus go into effect ? I'm on Paradise 1.20.14, and was wondering if I will have the old or new menu.

Thanks in advance !

Starting on the Glory next week, Liberty next early next year and no other scheduled yet. Not likely to be on your cruise.