Zuiderdam Cooking Demonstrations???

QShip

Have never sailed on HAL and notice there is an area on the ship's map designated Culinary Arts Center. Do they have cooking demonstrations on the Zuiderdam, and, if so, how does one find out when they are scheduled and sign up? What kind of demonstrations to they have?

Yes they do have cooking demonstrations on board by one of the kitchen staff.

When we were on, I attended a few where they showed you how they make their lobster salad and another which highlited the Le Cirque Crème Brule.

It will be noted in your daily compass when and where they hold it.

You also will receive a printed copy of each recipe they are preparing, and you will get a chance to sample when they are done.

There is NO cost for this.

Wife & I enjoyed it.

Have never sailed on HAL and notice there is an area on the ship's map designated Culinary Arts Center. Do they have cooking demonstrations on the Zuiderdam, and, if so, how does one find out when they are scheduled and sign up? What kind of demonstrations to they have?

They also have cooking classes on some sailings. These classes typically are smaller, more hands-on, and have a fee. I did a cooking class on the Rotterdam. I think the fee was $25. I have heard these classes fill up quickly, so if you are interested, you should sign up quickly when you board.:)

The cooking classes are great and do fill up quickly. They're usually limited to 12 and held around lunch time , usually on a sea day. You will get an apron, all your recipes and do hands on work, as much or as little as you would like. Then you get to take your food into the Pinnacle to enjoy with wine. The front desk will have the dates and menus available when you board.

Six demos so far this cruise with all free and well-attended. Learned how to separate egg yolks by cracking egges into a bowl and lifting the yolks out with your cupped fingers.

Learned how to make whipped cream with four whisks in 20 seconds.

Lots of good cooking tips and recipe cards.