When are Shore Excursions Posted?

cAPS lOCK oN

We're booked on an August Baltic cruise on the Voyager, and can reserve shore excursions this weekend. However, rssc.com only lists the private car excursions, and doesn't show anything else. Is this unusual? Also, do the included shore excursions fill up quickly?

FWIW, I contacted Regent and was told that the list of shore excursions isn't made available until they can be reserved (240 days out). This seems odd, but at least everybody's in the same boat (pun intended).

She suggested that I look at the shore excursions for a cruise that is earlier in 2014. Ours choices will be pretty similar, although we're in some of these ports at different times of the day than the other cruise, because it goes London-to-Stockholm (we're the opposite). She also said that there might be some extra excursions available on our trip because we're in high season and the other is not.

Looking at previous cruise excursions could lead to disappointment -- at least it did for us. Although we were aware that excursions can change from one year to the next, we found about half of the excursions we wanted to book were no longer there. However, I do understand why it is difficult to post excursions earlier than they do. It takes time to negotiate or renegotiate contracts with tour operators -- especially if the prices go up dramatically or Regent wants to change something about the excursion.