Breakfast Room Service Menu Changes

Lotus8

Hey all!

So being one that is Loyal to Royal, I have noticed over the years that the breakfast room service menu has dwindled down , I remember years ago them having omelettes and such on the menu, then down to choice of scrambled eggs only (at least still with a choice of sausage, ham, tomato, hashbrown). I noticed these changes and raised an eyebrow to myself but didnt think too much about it. I understand there at times needs to be changes.

However, very recently I went on Majesty for a 3 night one, and surprisingly looked at the menu, and saw it was ONLY continental now, rolls, yogurt, a banana basically. Highly dissapointed. Even the door hangers call it Continental breakfast now.

Question is, is this now continental breakfast for delivery fleetwide? I was hoping it was just maybe for the shorter weekend cruises they made these changes. Please let me know your findings, I'm scheduled for Indy in the spring .

::sigh:: it was only of the few things I have recently not been thrilled with RCCL about. I know, I know I can go up to WJ and bring the food down. At least in years past if I wrote in smoked salmon I didn't have a problem getting it. Now, its as if I asked them to open the safe deposit box in the purser's desk :p

thanks clarea & live2b, I am hoping it was just that way for the short night cruise only.

Also, has anyone had success with just waking up and calling room service to order breakfast for the room instead of hanging the door hanger out the night before? I'm just curious because I think I've heard people do that with no problem. I always assume you had to leave it out there to even order.

thanks clarea & live2b, I am hoping it was just that way for the short night cruise only.

Also, has anyone had success with just waking up and calling room service to order breakfast for the room instead of hanging the door hanger out the night before? I'm just curious because I think I've heard people do that with no problem. I always assume you had to leave it out there to even order.

Yes, we have been able to call in our breakfast order from time to time.

Ah, yes. We hand wrote the word PANCAKES on our menu a few years ago (Explorer 2008 I think?) and were successful in getting them delivered. However, the delivery staff then stated that they don't normally do so. And we were never able to get them again :mad:

One of the really nice perks of staying in a GS or above is that you get to order from the full MDR menus during dining room hours. We always call our breakfast order in after we get up and it is usually there within 30 minutes. Eggs Benedict on the balcony for DH every trip is his favorite.

One of the really nice perks of staying in a GS or above is that you get to order from the full MDR menus during dining room hours. We always call our breakfast order in after we get up and it is usually there within 30 minutes. Eggs Benedict on the balcony for DH every trip is his favorite.

Yes it is a really nice perk and we have enjoyed Eggs Benedict on the Balcony too :)

We are sailing on Liberty in Jan and a full course Room service breakfast on our balcony is one of the things we look forward to the most! So happy to hear they still have a full menu.

We were on Norwegian Epic last Feb and we could only get a continental breakfast from room service, which is just one of the many reasons we are now Loyal to Royal! :)