Conquest recent info (from Miami)?? shows, etc?

sharecruises

Hey gang, did any of the musicians on the Conquest ever offer break away from their usual gigs and join up for a jazz concert/jam? I've been on a few Carnival cruises in which some of the musicians did jazz shows in the afternoon, and they were just fantastic. They really got into it and played their hearts out; many of them studied music formally and it appeared to be something of a treat for them to play jazz instead of cranking out pop hits day after day.

It was one of the highlights of my cruise and I am very worried that the "Fun Ship 2.0" mcDonaldization is in effect a cost cutting program (i.e. get rid of professional musicians and replace them with a photo of Guy Fieri) that will strip away many of the interesting unsung and offbeat aspects of Carnival cruises that I really enjoy.

Anyways, glad to hear that you enjoyed the Conquest. Many of the recent reviews posted to Cruise Critic are pretty negative. My family is going during kids' spring break (April 6-13) and after reading some of the reviews I was starting to get cold feet, but the above comments are comforting and remind me that we can always have a good time if we focus on having a good time.

I third the motion for Funtimes if anyone has any. If you don't have a scanner, even a photo of the tear-off schedule taken with your phone would be appreciated, and we can zoom in as needed? Thanks.

Edited by azlefty

Hey gang, did any of the musicians on the Conquest ever offer break away from their usual gigs and join up for a jazz concert/jam? I've been on a few Carnival cruises in which some of the musicians did jazz shows in the afternoon, and they were just fantastic. They really got into it and played their hearts out; many of them studied music formally and it appeared to be something of a treat for them to play jazz instead of cranking out pop hits day after day.

It was one of the highlights of my cruise and I am very worried that the "Fun Ship 2.0" mcDonaldization is in effect a cost cutting program (i.e. get rid of professional musicians and replace them with a photo of Guy Fieri) that will strip away many of the interesting unsung and offbeat aspects of Carnival cruises that I really enjoy.

Anyways, glad to hear that you enjoyed the Conquest. Many of the recent reviews posted to Cruise Critic are pretty negative. My family is going during kids' spring break (April 6-13) and after reading some of the reviews I was starting to get cold feet, but the above comments are comforting and remind me that we can always have a good time if we focus on having a good time.

I third the motion for Funtimes if anyone has any. If you don't have a scanner, even a photo of the tear-off schedule taken with your phone would be appreciated, and we can zoom in as needed? Thanks.

I board the Conquest on Sunday and plan to write a full report with photos and Fun Times upon my return! :D

I board the Conquest on Sunday and plan to write a full report with photos and Fun Times upon my return! :D

I am so looking forward to reading your trip report as I loved your last one it was in such detail I felt I was right there with you and since we will be sailing on the Conquest in October am excited to read all about it and see pictures. :)

I am so looking forward to reading your trip report as I loved your last one it was in such detail I felt I was right there with you and since we will be sailing on the Conquest in October am excited to read all about it and see pictures. :)

Ditto! We are going in May and I am getting EXCITED!:):):)