4 ships in port - Atlantis?

Katrine822

We are going on the Carnival Freedom which hits Nassau on Jan 4th - along with 3 other ships. They are in from 8-2, 10-7, 12-12 and ours is 1-7. Should we even entertain Atlantis as an option? My 9 year old son would love it but if he gets 3 rides... not so much fun. Is the whole area going to be swarmed with that number of ships? Thanks so much for any advice.

We are going on the Carnival Freedom which hits Nassau on Jan 4th - along with 3 other ships. They are in from 8-2, 10-7, 12-12 and ours is 1-7. Should we even entertain Atlantis as an option? My 9 year old son would love it but if he gets 3 rides... not so much fun. Is the whole area going to be swarmed with that number of ships? Thanks so much for any advice.

Personally I think you will be fine. I've visited many times, even during college spring break and last Nov with two Atlantis/Budweiser chartered ships on property-not to mention about 4 other ships and have gotten a chance to ride all of the rides multiple times. Also, The Current is always super easy to access and probably the most popular.

I don't think the number of ships will be a problem, but I think your hours in port will be. Sunset in January will be just after 5 o'clock and the rides will probably be shut down then. Is it worth the money for only 3 hours in the park?

Park, pools and beaches close at 5 in the winter months.

Since the 4th is part of the holiday week, you can expect crowds. Not just from the cruise ships, but from high occupancy.

I would also say the time will be an issue, rather than the # of boats in port.

1-7 really means you might be at Atlantis by 2pm.....its huge, so much to do and see,alot of $$ for a short period of time.

The above poster mentioned about suset after 5..and even if it wasnt, you would be leaving shortly after that anyways, to get back to the boat and on before it leaves at 7...