Promenade Stateroom

Flyby

for $140 per cabin? or per person?

If it's $140 per person, I'd say yes. The Promenade cabins are nice - they have that sofa at the window - it's a nice sitting area. Plus, you have a window, and the ceiling lighting in the promenade is adjusted to match the time of day- lighter in the day, darker in the evening. Kinda nice, actually

yes, I would absolutely do it! And this is coming from a frugal cruiser who doesn't usually spend additional dollars on the cabin, which could be better put towards other expenses, but for $140, this is a very good value.

Edited by DonnaK

I'd do it for $140 total. The window makes it seem a bit larger than an inside.

Note however that there can be a lack of privacy with these staterooms.

Maybe just to clarify a little in case you don't know...

Promenade cabins have a large bay-like window which overlooks the promenade. If your lights are on, people can see into your cabin. The ones with the best view are the other cabins across the promenade from you.

So, for privacy, there are 2 types of window curtains. One is sheer which does provide SOME privacy, but if you want full privacy, pull across the main drapes which are very heavy and thick - no seeing through those.

Don't make the mistake of thinking you have privacy with just the sheers pulled across. :eek:

Are they quiet, or do you pick up noise from the promenade? Particularly if you turn in around 11:00 PM

We had one on our Sept cruise on Explorer we got it for $35pp upgrade from an interior, very nice deal. We were on the 8th floor across from the pub. The only noise we heard was during the parade and it was noticable but not real bad and only lasted for 30-40 minutes.

Mike

We were on Deck 7 of Mariner and as Motorman23 stated, we only had noise for the short time of the parade. More noise was heard from people outside in the corridor than from the Promenade itself.

And definitely fully close those curtains when changing! Can't tell you how many people we saw in various stages of undress in the cabins across from us :eek::rolleyes::D.

We went on only our second cruise at the end of September, the deal was a guaranteed cabin where we had the cabin allocated to us rather than choose it ourselves. When booking an interior cabin, I was told for €250 we could be guaranteed a Promenade cabin, but decided to take our chances. However, we DID get a PR and were delighted with it (plus saved €250 ;)). Because of the bay window it was slightly bigger with plenty of nice sitting space with the window seat and the little couch. No problems with noise as apart from the Promenade Cafe and the pub, everything else on the Promenade closes by 11pm. We had a great view of the parades if we didn't fancy being down in the middle of them.

I had been worried about the claustrophobic effect of an interior cabin (confirmed for me when we looked into one while on the ship), but the PR gives the illusion of a window, and already we are looking at booking one next year. I would recommend it to anyone.

Edited by socialdancer

just completed a TA on the navigator of the seas i was in cabin 7295 below the jewelry shop and across from the general store. this was the first time i have had a promenade deck cabin. i am a light sleeper and heard very little noise. the only time it was noisy was when the 70's night was on but all the action was near cafe promenade. and during the day was when the parade was on. i would recommend it.

We, too, just got back from our first B2B on the Navigator where we had 6591 & 6593. We usually were exhausted and asleep by 10 and was awakened one night with the 70's parade. It was so loud that I needed earplugs! If I awakened during the night I could hear the beat from the music that was piped into the Promenade at night. Two years ago we were in cabin 7295 on the Mariner and only had noise during the parades. If I were to do a promenade again I'd choose deck 7 or 8.

We are sailing on one on deck 6 which is our favorite deck on the Freedom class ships (Freedom of the Seas) in February. We can hardly wait! I think that it might end up being our favorite category of cabin. Of course we have never sailed in a JS or GS! ;)

I have sailed twice in promenade on Voyager. I like desk 7 as it is in the middle.

On a trip with lots of sea days I would even go for a promenade over oceanview as you get to sit by the window and watch people whilst you read a book, drink a glass of wine, etc. in the bay window. The only problem with noise is the parades and the promenade party.

$140 total.

YES!!! We had connecting promenade cabins during a Christmas cruise on Mariner several years ago. LOVED it! You can sit on the comfy sofa & watch the parades go by....sipping on your favorite drink....nice! :p