Watches

cwaj45

I'll be in St Thomas in January prior to a cruise. My husband is looking for a new watch. In the past we've found that watches are less in St. Thomas. Can anyone recommend a store that sells high end watches.

Thanks

I don't know if they sell a lot of watches, but my wife has purchased several things at Grand Jewelers (St. Thomas and St. Martin). We don't play the "give me an appraisal so I feel good and confirm I got a bargain" game when we get home, but her jeweler here has always told her it's quality stuff.

Go to Ballerina Jewelers. Just bought a Perellet Turbine watch from sister store in St. Maarten, dude named Brian. They have a great selection and he's very knowledgable. 30% off list is about what they bargain down to. If he wears one of his existing nice watches he'll get plenty of attention. My Hublot draws em in.

Many "deals" are offered by non-authorized dealers. If you want full guarantees and support, authorized dealers offer that protection and services. Authorized watches hold value over time than non-authorized. It's a matter of what you're comfortable with.

• 4 weeks later...