Unlimited Soda & More Package Questions

tldmat

Caribill, did you experience the tax from Port Everglades after my sailing in March this year? You did not respond to your experience. My actual experience was no tax on the Ultimate package.

Did it start just this fall cruise season? When did this law go into effect? Perhaps this was in the past and now rescinded since I was not charged. What are your facts?

It sounds like this is a sticker. So if you purchase it before you sail how do you get the sticker?

One of the following will happen.

a) It will be on the cruise card when you check in at the pier

or

b) There will be a card in your cabin to take to a bar where they will put the sticker on your cruise card

No.

My comment was based on others who have posted having to pay this tax in the summer or fall of this year.

Thank you for clarifying that you are not citing anything information here on the taxes based on your personal experience.

I am also still posting that I did not pay the tax out of Port Everglades on Princess. And my folio from the trip states this as well.

As I posted above, my experience is that they wrote it on a slip of paper and entered it into the computer after they left port. So no tax was charged to me, despite buying it well before sailing.

Thank you for clarifying that you are not citing anything information here on the taxes based on your personal experience.

Some posts from September on another thread:

You don't pay Florida sales tax either, unless you buy the card on board before the ship sails.

On a RCI cruise from NOLA they added LA sales tax until nearly midnight & in the Gulf of Mexico.

And from August:

One more point, if sailing from Florida wait until you are at sea to purchase, otherwise State sales tax may be added to the price.

Same with Los Angeles.

You sailed from Florida in March. It appears the tax was not in effect at that time.

Edited by caribill

I am also still posting that I did not pay the tax out of Port Everglades on Princess. And my folio from the trip states this as well.

The florida sales tax is 6%, with some county variations.

If one is sweating $3-$5, perhaps spending money on a cruise isn't

such a good idea.

Personally, I wouldn't wait to purchase. I would be giving up the

use of the card/sticker for most of the first day, for an unimportant

savings.

And, I wouldn't order in advance, as there is a chance of that screwing

up. There was one correspondent here who reported that there was

a problem with her advance purchase, and she didn't get it resolved

and receive the sticker until 9:00PM. Again, penny wise...

The florida sales tax is 6%, with some county variations.

If one is sweating $3-$5, perhaps spending money on a cruise isn't

such a good idea.

Personally, I wouldn't wait to purchase. I would be giving up the

use of the card/sticker for most of the first day, for an unimportant

savings.

And, I wouldn't order in advance, as there is a chance of that screwing

up. There was one correspondent here who reported that there was

a problem with her advance purchase, and she didn't get it resolved

and receive the sticker until 9:00PM. Again, penny wise...

Trust me, I'm not sweating the tax. I just wanted to make the point that I didn't experience it, despite all of the other comments that it will happen. I actually was charged the tax at purchase several years ago on another cruise line out of Port Everglades, but never on Princess.

Regarding the other poster, I was amused that examples of posts to rebut my experience include citing a post by someone who is known from her Live threads as a wine and Pepsi drinker and who I suspect has not actual purchases the ultimate package.

Regarding the other poster, I was amused that examples of posts to rebut my experience include citing a post by someone who is known from her Live threads as a wine and Pepsi drinker and who I suspect has not actual purchases the ultimate package.

There was no rebut of your experience, just a statement that things have changed since your most recent cruise out of Port Everglades.

I am also wondering about the tax. Leaving on a 15 day cruise and will be getting 3 soda and more and. not that the tax will break me, would prefer to save a few bucks. (I try whenever I can) Will the people selling stuff know when to drop the tax or is the tax added when posted. Just wondering.

I am also wondering about the tax. Leaving on a 15 day cruise and will be getting 3 soda and more and. not that the tax will break me, would prefer to save a few bucks. (I try whenever I can) Will the people selling stuff know when to drop the tax or is the tax added when posted. Just wondering.

I suspect when posted.