Carnival Cruise clothing question

lv2cruz

I am cruising in early January going on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary aboard the Carnival Liberty. I have not cruised in 3 years but through out the years have sailed Carnival 4 times. To the best of my knowledge it was always a " no jeans" policy for the dining room. Reading on the Carnival website I see that jeans ( of course no cutoffs) is now acceptable dining attire in the main dining rooms.

I don't recall this always being the case.

With that being said,how often Do you see people in jeans?

When I saw people in jeans in the past I always thought " they are not following the rules" !

Now that it is acceptable my question is how often do you see people in jeans? I must admit I love my jeans with a dressy top and heels but just want to make sure it's more common and acceptable than in the past.

I am cruising in early January going on the Eastern Caribbean itinerary aboard the Carnival Liberty. I have not cruised in 3 years but through out the years have sailed Carnival 4 times. To the best of my knowledge it was always a " no jeans" policy for the dining room. Reading on the Carnival website I see that jeans ( of course no cutoffs) is now acceptable dining attire in the main dining rooms.

I don't recall this always being the case.

With that being said,how often Do you see people in jeans?

When I saw people in jeans in the past I always thought " they are not following the rules" !

Now that it is acceptable my question is how often do you see people in jeans? I must admit I love my jeans with a dressy top and heels but just want to make sure it's more common and acceptable than in the past.

Yes, people will be in jeans. Usually you see the nicer/darker jeans. However on my last Carnival cruise a young girl (teens) have on jean cut-off shorts and a cropped shirt. They made an announcement that night to not wear shorts.

We found people to be dressed very casual.

Yes, people will be in jeans. Usually you see the nicer/darker jeans. However on my last Carnival cruise a young girl (teens) have on jean cut-off shorts and a cropped shirt. They made an announcement that night to not wear shorts.

We found people to be dressed very casual.

Perfect,thanks CruisingGatorGirl. I had a feeling it's become more casual than in the past.

I was thinking along the same lines,darker jeans.

Carnival has been the most causal dressed cruise I've been on and a lot of young people. Some People also dress up overly fancy on "formal" night you'll see gowns on three day cruises, where on the more expensive ships people might be wearing resort wear to dinner,

I'm. It a big fan of carnival so I think a lot of people, like me are first time carnival cruisers cause they never go a second time

I'm just guessing here, I may be wrong.

I know a lot of people love carnival but that whole party boat stuff l is bit for me

I've been very happy with Carnival, but there will be some wearing jeans. I dress up because it's fun for me and I've never been the only one to dress up on casual nights either.

I wouldn't say that on my last cruise, most people were in jeans though. Personally, I find them very bulky and hot to bring to the caribbean.

I haven't noticed a lot of jeans. (But I don't notice other people's clothes often.) I wear dress slack, or skirts to the dining room. I think jeans would be too warm for the Caribbean, for the most part.

I don't normally pay that much attention, but because we were wearing them I was checking to make sure we weren't on the out of the ordinary side. We definitely weren't and in fact were dressed much nicer than a good portion of the jeans wearers because we always wore nice shirts with them.

I don't find jeans to be too hot on the ship since the dining is indoors and air conditioned.

Edited by sherilyn70

• 3 weeks later...

It must depend on what time of year you cruise. I have never had issue with the way people have been dressed. The only time was on my first cruise - there was an elderly couple, with a large family and the family was always dressed appropriately, but the elderly couple always had jeans on. I thought that was odd, then I thought maybe they lost their luggage, or something. I, usually, cruise in the winter and typically, people are dressed appropriately. I don't see tuxes anymore, but men are always in suits. On casual nights the most popular choice is khaki's for men and slack or capri's for ladies. I have relaxed my husbands and mine dress a little. I started letting dh wear mens dress shorts and polo's for casual night. And, for me, on elegant night, I have replaced my gowns with cocktail dresses.

In my early cruise days (on Carnival) I used to think the same when I'd see one or two people wearing jeans. The other posters are correct. On casual nights now, you'll see jeans often. I never wear jeans on any cruise, however, my DH does wear jeans with a short sleeved top or button down shirt on casual nights.

I tend to get chilly in the dining room so I prefer to wear pants or cropped pants. Last year on the Liberty, I wore colored jeans on a couple of the non elegant nights. My husband & kids wore normal jeans (not ones with holes) on those nights. Even on the elegant nights you will see some people "less" dressed up than others wearing khaki pants and a polo in the dining room. I also carry a shrug or light sweater with me as the showroom can be chilly also.