Royal C437

coloradocruisers101

Have a read of the reviews on the Royal. Lack of a center staircase and the miniscule size of the balconies, 3 feet deep are probably the two biggest complaints about the ship.

How was your experience of your balcony on Royal?

For the 2 of us we found there to be enough room, could turn the chairs to face out, and enough room for eating.

Yes, most of the balconies are smaller than on Grand class ships, and very few of the Grand class Carribe deck type. But perfectly functional for us.

Hi CC Family,

Can any one tell me about C437 BA Balcony. On our last 4 cruises we always have chose B435 and liked Baja. Since this is a new ship for us, just curoius. We will be on the Royal this March. Any help is appreicated.

Warm Regards from the very cold Colorado!

Most balconies on the Royal are small but adequate for two people. You can eat on the balconies if you use the space carefully. I'm not sure how well Ultimate Balcony Dining would work, but some have said it was OK.

If balcony size is important, take a look at the midship cabins below the Seawalk and the Seaview Bar. These have "extended angled balconies" and sizes vary. We were in a MA minisuite on Baja with a balcony around 45 sq ft. The cabins toward the projections were larger (check the deck plans). On the higher decks there may be some lack of privacy and annoying lighting from above, and some of the lower deck cabins are listed as "obstructed view". And if you are midship, you get to complain about the lack of a central passenger staircase (a minor issue for us).

Some aft cabins have larger balconies as well, but there have been serious complaints about soot.

Jack

Have a read of the reviews on the Royal. Lack of a center staircase and the miniscule size of the balconies, 3 feet deep are probably the two biggest complaints about the ship.

Three feet deep? Mine sure wasn't:

[ATTACH]294801[/ATTACH]

No kidding...mine was more than 3' and that's how misinformation based on posts becomes a "fact" to some people. :eek:

We had enough room to enjoy the UBD on our balcony & to use it to enjoy the view. It's smaller than on other Princess ships but certainly is usable for most passengers. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how well Ultimate Balcony Dining would work, but some have said it was OK.

Jack

We enjoyed the UBD on a smaller Royal balcony & it was no different than having the UBD on an Island Princess Baja deck balcony. We've enjoyed UBDs in various places...a large Caribe balcony, smaller Island & Royal balconies and even inside a standard balcony cabin due to inclement weather. ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer