MSC Orchestra, Dubai-Fremantle (Australia) Very Grand Voyage, 21st February 2015

Skipper Tim

Mis-posted, apologies. This thread is a roll call and appears over there.

I am waiting to see prices on this 33 night, part-World cruise. If the price is right, it may be worth my working in the Jam Butty mines of Knotty Ash for a while to raise funds. Or would anyone care to sponsor me?

In the meantime, here is the pictorial itinerary:

YQSD.jpg

This is the unique repositioning ahead of the Gallipoli 100th Anniversary charter from Fremantle.

Who else would like to take this amazing cruise?

Tim.

Edited by Skipper Tim

Who else would like to take this amazing cruise?

Tim.

Oh yes - that would really be something! :)

However, how to explain for my employer that I would need more than a months vacation...during the company's high-season :confused:

Well my other half would love it as it stops at Cairns close to where her Brother lives but like Frode time off would be such a big issue being in February.

When I returned from the Fantasia repositioning (17 nights), and I bizarrely got holed up in an extended party in Glossop due to the snow at home, I was asked by one of the guests how I managed "all these cruises" and how could she do them. It was two cruises in six months so a fair question. "Easy", I said, "just give up your income".

It should be possible to strike a balance between work and play to suit the individual but it rarely is. It is all or nothing. Even part-time it is part of every week rather than full-time, part of the year.

Hence I am self-employed on a tiny income and the part of it that could be considered 'disposable' has to be stretched a long way and very carefully on my biggest enjoyment - travel. Besides, I can continue working while away to a degree.

I am hoping all these time off work issues combined with MSC's younger, non-retired demographic is going to knock the fares right down on this cruise :).

I expect there will be a fair few Aussies aboard as they are known for their travelling spirit and Dubai is not all that far away to start from.

Tim.

Hopefully with the changes next year who knows we may be able to get on this one in 2015, we will have to see how house prices go but at least running one house will be more cost effective than running two and with more money to spare fingers crossed .... :)

• 1 month later...

Hi

After speaking with someone at MSC (in Italy) who I know they have found out the prices.

A single inside cabin will be £2849 for the 33 night cruise- that is cruise only but does include drinks at dinner.

A twin/double cabin will be £2041 each for 2 adults sharing. So over £4000 for a couple in an inside cabin. No flights.

Apparently at the moment they will only be offering the full 33 night voyage no segments (but this could change depending on demand).

The prices could just change quickly.

I was advised it should go on sale for UK guests in the next 10 days or so.

So around £98 a night for it. I was hoping for one of their £25 a night deals.

Though remember to take off your MSC Club discount.

33 nights departing February 21, 2015 on

MSC Cruises' MSC Orchestra

50+ Rate $2,999

Inside

50+ Rate $3,549

Oceanview

50+ Rate $3,909

Balcony

pay a deposit of US$100 per person

This is what shows up in Canada for a price.....looks like a very nice cruise.....long way to Dubai from here to get to the start....lol......these seem cheaper than what you have said....

Hi

After speaking with someone at MSC (in Italy) who I know they have found out the prices.

A single inside cabin will be £2849 for the 33 night cruise- that is cruise only but does include drinks at dinner.

A twin/double cabin will be £2041 each for 2 adults sharing. So over £4000 for a couple in an inside cabin. No flights.

Apparently at the moment they will only be offering the full 33 night voyage no segments (but this could change depending on demand).

UK sales presentation at a recent webinar publicising this were very clear that they would be an option to purchase to Dubai to Singapore and Singapore to Fremantle. Guess well just have to wait until they finally put it on sale.

Knowing my luck it's going to open when I'm overseas later this month and I'll North be able to book through their website!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes this is now on sale on the UK MSC site.

For an inside cabin for a single is... wait for it... £4693.50

For an inside for two... wait for it... £3129 each or £6258

Though it includes flights, some drinks, some Spa visits but there is no option of doing a cruise only and no shorter cruises ie Dubai to Singapore on offer just the full overpriced one.

Yes this is now on sale on the UK MSC site.

For an inside cabin for a single is... wait for it... £4693.50

For an inside for two... wait for it... £3129 each or £6258

Though it includes flights, some drinks, some Spa visits but there is no option of doing a cruise only and no shorter cruises ie Dubai to Singapore on offer just the full overpriced one.

Per Stuart of MSC's email, the flights are an additional £820 each.

Cheapest inside cabin Bella basis fly/cruise is £3949 each double occupancy.

Cheapest OV obstructed view fly/cruise is £4339 each double occupancy.

Annie

Hi

Their forecast prices were £1000 light.

Annie

As usual the MSC website is very misleading as it actually says 'Flight' under what's included in the fare.

So if you got to add £820 for flights or arrange your own for less than the cruise is even less value for money (which is wasn't in the first place).

Their forecast prices were £1000 light.

Annie

These prices were from their Operation Centre in Naples but I am sure that MSC UK have tweaked the prices as people from Canada on the Canada website are paying a lot less.

Edited by maptravel

These prices were from their Operation Centre in Naples but I am sure that MSC UK have tweaked the prices as people from Canada on the Canada website are paying a lot less.

Hi i just Check the price on my usual US web site

5680$ inside

6720$ océan view

7690$ balcony

Port charge about 535$

Base on double occupancy

9788$ inside

11688$ oceanview

13410$ balcony

Port charge about 262$

For single occupancy

This price are without any discount

Hi i just Check the price on my usual US web site

5680$ inside

6720$ océan view

7690$ balcony

Port charge about 535$

Base on double occupancy

9788$ inside

11688$ oceanview

13410$ balcony

Port charge about 262$

For single occupancy

This price are without any discount

My advice change your travel agent.

Annie

Quote for solo-occupancy from one of those competing agents on that US site:

To hold any room the deposit is $100 per person

Inside for 1 Category I1 $4574.14

Ocean View for 1 Category O1 $5425.54

Balcony for 1 Category B2 $6230.50

Inside Senior for 1 Category I1 $4543.18

Ocean View Senior for 1 Category O1 $5394.58

Balcony Senior for 1 Category B2 $6199.54

Cruise only fare (no air.) Rates include port charges, taxes. Lower Rates may apply for Past Guest. Call for details. Our agency does not charge fees. Additional on board credit may apply for Platinum American Express card holders.

In GBP that is £2805 inside, £3327 outside and £3821 balcony before MSC Club discounts. As the cruise does not appear on the MSC USA website, I have no idea whether these rates include the 'Bella' extras or any excursions. I assume not. Still, these are solo-occupancy rates and knock MSC UK rates to shreds (almost £5,000 for lowliest inside). True, MSC UK are bundling flights but I have Avios to pay for mine.

For the corresponding twin-occupancy rate pp, knock off 1/3 from the above.

Tim.

Edited by Skipper Tim