Cruising round trip from Seattle - hotel suggestions?

Hello

We are cruising to Alaska round trip from Seattle in Sep 2014 - we will be flying in from the East Coast on Friday for a Saturday departure.

Would love some suggestions for hotel - nothing fancy as we won't arrive till late afternoon on Friday so won't have much "hotel" time, but something that has a good restaurant nearby or sites to see by walking. We will also be looking at airport transfer services and getting to the cruise port the next day...

Marriott or Hampton Inn would be good as I have points to spend :)

Welcoming all suggestions

thanks!

There is a Hampton Inn near Seattle Center that may work out for you. I have not stayed there, (no need, I live in the Seattle area) but know there are lots of restaurants close by. If you don't mind a bit of a walk you can use the monorail at the Seattle Center to get to downtown & pike place market, etc.

http://www.hotels.com/ho115648/hampton-inn-suites-seattle-downtown-seattle-united-states/

A couple of years ago we did a cruise out of Seattle and were trying to decide on a Hotel and tried this. On the Hot Wire site we picked the highest rated hotel which was a 3 and a half star rated hotel. The first hotel mentioned in your Hotel question was the hotel assign to us. As I recall the price was something like $83. The hotel had 24 hour pick up service from the airport. There were five or six resturants to pick from in the area. The quality and service from this hotel was outstanding. Better yet I remember getting two queensize beds.

From what I have gathered over the past if Hotwire list a 3 and a half star hotel at SeaTac you can't go wrong. I hope this information helps. Tim

You will get pickup from the airport if you book a SeaTac hotel, but it won't be convenient to walking anywhere for sightseeing.

Some people manage ok using light rail, which is a thought, but I think you give something up by staying near the airport. You won't have a feel for actually being in Seattle is my opinion.

There is a Hampton Inn near Seattle Center that may work out for you. I have not stayed there, (no need, I live in the Seattle area) but know there are lots of restaurants close by. If you don't mind a bit of a walk you can use the monorail at the Seattle Center to get to downtown & pike place market, etc.

http://www.hotels.com/ho115648/hampton-inn-suites-seattle-downtown-seattle-united-states/

Thanks for the suggestion! We love to walk and after a long flight that would be my preference - to be able to "stretch". I have enough points for this hotel for a free nite! It doesn't look like they have shuttle service from the airport or to the cruise port. I have never been to Seattle so not sure what the distances/costs are. Would you have any ideas or can you point me to a link for this info? Of course with the free nite I think we can swing the travel related costs, LOL :p

A couple of years ago we did a cruise out of Seattle and were trying to decide on a Hotel and tried this. On the Hot Wire site we picked the highest rated hotel which was a 3 and a half star rated hotel. The first hotel mentioned in your Hotel question was the hotel assign to us. As I recall the price was something like $83. The hotel had 24 hour pick up service from the airport. There were five or six resturants to pick from in the area. The quality and service from this hotel was outstanding. Better yet I remember getting two queensize beds.

From what I have gathered over the past if Hotwire list a 3 and a half star hotel at SeaTac you can't go wrong. I hope this information helps. Tim

How did you get to the cruise port after your stay - hotel shuttle or cab? I also have Marriott points that I can use, but think we would like to be "downtown" to get a real feel for Seattle.

I know I have plenty of time to book all this but I like to get my hotel booked early especially because it's a Friday nite :)

There are two cruise terminals in Seattle, one close to downtown (Pier 66), the other a couple of miles away. Princess uses the latter, so you'll need a taxi or towncar to get from any downtown hotel to the pier (Pier 91). Likewise, none of the downtown hotels have free airport shuttles. A cab or towncar will cost around $50 from the airport to any downtown hotel.

There's a Marriott right across the street from Pier 66 (probably a $10 cab ride from there to Pier 91) which is very walkable from most of the downtown sights, such as the Pike Place Market. You might see if your points can get you in; obviously it's very popular with cruisers, but it's early.

For transit to/from airport/Seattle Center/port, also take a look at Eastside for Hire http://www.eastsideforhire.com/. We used them six times last July and they were always on time, clean and less expensive than a regular taxi. It was really great when there was a taxi queue, we bypassed the entire mess and got into "our taxi". I would highly recommend them.

Thanks for the suggestion! We love to walk and after a long flight that would be my preference - to be able to "stretch". I have enough points for this hotel for a free nite! It doesn't look like they have shuttle service from the airport or to the cruise port. I have never been to Seattle so not sure what the distances/costs are. Would you have any ideas or can you point me to a link for this info? Of course with the free nite I think we can swing the travel related costs, LOL

Gardyloo has a great suggestion for the Marriott at the waterfront.

To get from the airport, I have used the shuttle express when I couldn't get a pick up from friends or family. There was a big line & a long wait to get a ride, maybe that is because I was not heading to a hotel. Taxi is supposedly $48 from Sea Tac to downtown, would run a little higher to the Hampton Inn near Seattle Center since that area isn't really downtown. I have used Seattle Town Car & Airport Shuttle - got very good service. If you want to check this service out be careful how you enter it into a search engine - apparently there is a company with a name that is similar that has had problems.

Edited by CanWeGoYet?

Good Morning All

Has anyone stay at the Homewood Suites! We will staying in Seattle for three or four days before a cruise. Not sure want cruise we will be taken either NCL or Princess We are a older couple in or sixty. All information greatly appreciated.

If you are a non-smoker and are interested in a downtown hotel, consider the Mayflower Park. Folks who travel light can take the light rail from SeaTac to Westlake. The hotel is right beside Westlake Center.

Can one travel "light" for an Alaska Cruise? I think the warmer clothes will take up much more room than our typical "Caribbean" wardrobe LOL - but thanks for the suggestion - we typically make it with one large rolling duffel each and back packs for carry-on so this might be doable ;)

Edited by cinbol

Can one travel "light" for an Alaska Cruise? I think the warmer clothes will take up much more room than our typical "Caribbean" wardrobe LOL - but thanks for the suggestion - we typically make it with one large rolling duffel each and back packs for carry-on so this might be doable ;)

As someone who lives in Alaska, I think one can travel "light" for an Alaskan cruise! But seriously, while the Seattle light rail doesn't have racks for suitcases such as seen on European trains or even rental car agency shuttles, you do frequently see people with suitcases using it to go to SeaTac. You just wouldn't want try to use it with two full sized suitcases per person.