blessing ceremony

mk960072

I understand PG offers a blessing ceremony for Anniversary, Newlyweds, etc and there is a charge. I have also seen on other sites that when celebrating an Anniversary PG offers a complementary blessing ceremony and wondering if this is indeed the case. I do not want to pay $150 for a blessing ceremony and Godiva chocolates when I really don't want the chocolate, just wish to participate in the blessing ceremony as I have heard it is wonderful and romantic. Thanks for your input! Amy

Some of what they do has changed so I suggest that you read the website and then have your TA confirm exactly what is included and what is not.

I have recently purchased the vow renewal ceremony ( $300) for a cousin and I was told it had the full renewal of vows by the captain etc etc. This used to be $500 just three years ago so thats why its best that you get all the information and evaluate your options before you decide what is best for you.

They do have a blessing ceremony that is free. Just let them know ahead of time that you are having an anniversary and they will sent you an invitation to your room.Our TA told them about ours. We just had it on out cruise in Nov. They read a poem and sing and you can have your pictures taken wrapped in a wedding quilt. It was very nice. Don't miss it.

As Emdee said, there are several levels of celebration, but the most basic one is free, and happens, I believe on the first evening in Bora Bora on the 7 night cruise. If you let the cruise company know that you are celebrating an anniversary or honeymoon, they will have a little cake waiting for you when you first board the ship. However, it is not even necessary to do that, as the "blanket" ceremony is listed in the activities sheet, and everyone is invited, whether you signed up or not. They had Les Gauguines perform a dance and song and poem, then they pass out cake, and everyone gets their picture taken wrapped in the tifaifai, crowned with a heiau.

• 2 weeks later...

Newlywed/Anniversary ceremony

We participated in the complimentary ceremony; it was lovely, in La Pallete with views of Bora Bora, and very affirming with so many couples from 20 something and 70 something newlyweds, gay and straight couples married from 15-50 years...really just a wonderful celebration which included some wonderful cultural moments, such as the traditional blanket and heis (which are explained!)

There was entertainment, champagne, cake and then each couple is invited out for a photo with the heis and traditional blanket. The photographer takes a photo, but you must pay for that if you want it.

Some photos:

146945907.jpg

146945908.jpg

146946061.jpg

Edited by Familygoboston

• 2 weeks later...

It was held on our recent cruise (Bora Bora day 1); it was not listed in the daily program; neither was the repeat cruiser party. If you advise your travel agent, you will receive an invite. I imagine, if you let reception know in advance, you will also receive an invite.