Ginza (Sun) - anything other than sushi and the grill thing?

bryanjaync

We ate at Ginza a few times. My partner eats sushi and I don't, so I ordered off the "chinese" portion of the menu. I don't have a picture, but they offer apps (edamame, pork or shrimp dim sum, and vegetable spring rolls), noodle bowls (4 different types) and fired rice (3 different types). I LOVED the dim sum, and enjoyed the mixed fried rice a bit more than the noodle soup, though it was good. My partner thought the sushi was fantastic! It's all priced a la carte, and each time the bill was a little over $20 for the two of us (no drink tab).

Be aware that the non-sushi stuff is only available at lunch on sea days. Dinner is sushi only, but they would let you order from the Teppanyaki or from East Meets West (the Sun version of Cagney's) for the appropriate charge.

Thanks for all the updates. I think this is one thing about the Sun I wish was different, but you can't have everything. We have always loved the Asian restaurants on other NCl ships. But, then I think about the Sun having Las Rambles which is one of my favorite parts of the ship, and knowing the ship can only handle so many dining choices I can live with not having my real Chinese fix...As for East meet West, we ate there shortly after it became a steak house, we were not impressed. I have to say, that was many years ago.