Ginza Menu

kwbound

At the Ginza restaurant on the Star, do they have the same menu every night or does it change? If it is the same, are there very many options? The sample menu on the NCL website doesn't have very many options, that's why I'm wondering if they change entrees each night, like the MDR does.

The menu at Ginzu does not change. I think the sample menu is probably pretty close, though I haven't looked at it. It was one of our favorites though- never very crowded, great service, and I thought the food was quite good (the fried rice was excellent, and I had a shrimp entree there that was very good too). I also liked the green tea ice cream.

Actually I just took a look at NCL's website- the "sample menu" is MUCH smaller than the actual menu- I'm sure someone has posted the actual menu here- try a search for that. There is a lot more to chose from than what is listed there.

They have selections from pretty much all categories - beef, chicken, fish, etc. We've always liked everything except the egg drop soup. It is different than any we've had anywhere else. It has corn in it and just doens't taste like egg drop soup.

The Asian restaurant is one of my favorites. CCers talk about Le Bistro, Cagney's and perhaps the Italian restaurant far more than the Asian restaurant. But I think the Asian restaurant is very much under-rated.

Here's the menu from my Jewel sailing back in Nov 2012. I'm pretty sure the specialty menus are the same fleet-wide. If it's not identical on the Star, it will be pretty similar.

IMG_6249.jpg

IMG_6250.jpg

IMG_6251.jpg

IMG_6252.jpg

Archived