LIVE from Grandeur of the Seas 12.6&12.14 Back to Back with pictures!!

bradpole

Hello!

I have to apologize, I've gotten a little lazy, and add in frustrating internet :-) equals no posts...

We had a great day in Labadee yesterday, near perfect weather!!

To the poster who asked about times....

This cruise traditional dinner is the new 5:30 and 8, the concierge lounge is open from 4:30 to 8, although they aim to please and will gladly ensure anyone who wants to stay later will have one last drink.

For San Juan, yes...right down town, the pier we were at was located across from Senior Frogs.

This cruise, all the shows have been 6;30 and 8:30, although last week there were a few early on that where 8:30 and 10:45. I have copies of all the compasses and will get them scanned when we get home

Speaking of late shows, tonight is the QUEST!!

Hello!

I have to apologize, I've gotten a little lazy, and add in frustrating internet :-) equals no posts...

We had a great day in Labadee yesterday, near perfect weather!!

To the poster who asked about times....

This cruise traditional dinner is the new 5:30 and 8, the concierge lounge is open from 4:30 to 8, although they aim to please and will gladly ensure anyone who wants to stay later will have one last drink.

For San Juan, yes...right down town, the pier we were at was located across from Senior Frogs.

This cruise, all the shows have been 6;30 and 8:30, although last week there were a few early on that where 8:30 and 10:45. I have copies of all the compasses and will get them scanned when we get home

Speaking of late shows, tonight is the QUEST!!

Thanks for the information, and definitely no need to apologize! Have fun at the QUEST.

We're back home!

Yesterday, our final sea day north, what a day!! We couldn't believe the weather, how warm it was! We expected yesterday to be an indoor day, and historically has been. Except for a quick shower late in the afternoon, it was a glorious day!

Today started early (too early, but nothing we can do about that on departure day), after a quick breakfast we made our way to the theater to wait for our luggage tag to be called. We were fortunate enough to have number 22 (the numbers started at 20) and a few minutes after 8 we were called, and by 8:30 we were on I95 headed home. 9:45, we pulled in my driveway! Baltimore can't be beat for the location, and the efficiency they process guests.

Overall our 18 nights onboard were excellent, and would gladly do it again!

To everyone embarking for the Christmas cruise, enjoy! She's a great ship with a great crew!

Once things get settled down from Christmas I'll get the compasses scanned and uploaded. Meanwhile, if anyone has a specific question feel free to let me know!

Thanks for your review Bradpole. It was great to read and be informed while building up the anticipation for my cruise today. We got on the Grandeur around 10:30am. The earliest I've ever gotten on a ship. Still got internet but expecting to lose that soon. Glad you made it home safely!

FYI: We were on the same cruise and actually signed up (with another couple) for the "hell's kitchen" dining experience. Our head waiter came to our table the night before our reservation and said that they heard from "Headquarters in Miami" that they are no longer allowed to offer the "hell's kitchen" We were told it was for "safety" reasons. We were very disappointed because the people who were lucky enough to experience it, said it was "3 hours of awesome" The head waiter invited our party of 4 into the kitchen for a quick tour during dinner. We were shown where the table was sitting for the dinner and it was obviously in front of a door that said "Do not block, electrical inside". She told us to be sure mention on the comment cards that we would like to have "hell's kitchen" experience return. We hope they can work it out to offer it again.

We really enjoyed our cruise tho!!!

FYI: We were on the same cruise and actually signed up (with another couple) for the "hell's kitchen" dining experience. Our head waiter came to our table the night before our reservation and said that they heard from "Headquarters in Miami" that they are no longer allowed to offer the "hell's kitchen" We were told it was for "safety" reasons. We were very disappointed because the people who were lucky enough to experience it, said it was "3 hours of awesome" The head waiter invited our party of 4 into the kitchen for a quick tour during dinner. We were shown where the table was sitting for the dinner and it was obviously in front of a door that said "Do not block, electrical inside". She told us to be sure mention on the comment cards that we would like to have "hell's kitchen" experience return. We hope they can work it out to offer it again.

We really enjoyed our cruise tho!!!

That's a shame about the Hell's Kitchen. I thought it would be an interesting thing to try. Was it a special menu, or was it the same menu that they offered in the dining that night? We met someone in the concierge lounge who said they were going to do that evening and promised to tell us about it, but we never saw them again to ask them about it :-(

Thanks for your review Bradpole. It was great to read and be informed while building up the anticipation for my cruise today. We got on the Grandeur around 10:30am. The earliest I've ever gotten on a ship. Still got internet but expecting to lose that soon. Glad you made it home safely!

Baltimore and Grandeur really have their acts together, they get the ships turn around FAST!

The day we boarded unfortunately there was some sort of inspection that caused the windjammer to be opened at 11:30 instead of 11, but it actually didn't open until almost noon. Talk about Chaos! 90 minutes of people queueing up...and the feeding frenzy that ensued. Honestly I was pretty ashamed of some of our fellow guests it was as if they weren't going to eat again for the next 8 days!

Luckily the following turn around day (12/14) the windjammer opened at 11 (with boarding starting promptly at 10:30) and things were MUCH more peaceful and organized.