LIVE from Grandeur of the Seas 12.6&12.14 Back to Back with pictures!!

bradpole

Good morning everyone!

This was typed Sunday morning with the intention of being posted on yesterday...

As I type this we are slowly making our approach to Port Canaveral. Overall it seems like it is going to be a very nice day weather wise...then again anything is better than the snow that is forecasted for home today!

For football lovers I wanted to let you know the big screen on the pool deck is scheduled to show 3 games today.

1pm Detroit v Philadelphia

4:25pm Seattle vs San Francisco

8:15[m Carolina vs New Orleans

My mom is a HUGE Eagles fan, so she's happy...but I'm guessing there will be several disappointed Ravens fans onboard today.

Tonight's show is a production show "All Access" at 8 and 10pm.

Overall yesterday the weather was WINDY, VERY VERY WINDY! Deck 10 remained roped off the majority of the day. The temperature increased enough to allow some fellow guests to sit out on the pool deck...except for the occasional rain shower that sent everyone running for cover for a few minutes. We had our first dinner in Chops, overall it was excellent!

We arrived at Port Canaveral around 11 (slightly late) and departed promptly at 9pm while we were having dinner in Giovanni's table. We treated port canaveral as a sea day, we had no interest in going to the Orlando area, or Cocoa Beach. We considered doing a NASA tour but in the end decided against it. Given how busy the ship was most of yesterday I'm guessing many people had the same idea we had! Yesterday evening in the Concierge Lounge we enjoyed the views as Carnival Sensation, Freedom of the Seas, and DIsney Dream sailed away and began their cruises. (a few pics are in the day 3 gallery)

Monday morning!

Bright, hot, windy, and sunny! Couldn't ask for better weather today as we make our way to Nassau. We are scheduled to arrive at 1:30 with an all aboard time of 11:30pm. We are no fans of Nassau and will happily stay onboard today. According to the port schedule I viewed

online before boarded Grandeur we are scheduled to be in port with I believe Allure. If that is the case I may venture out to get a picture of us docked next to Allure. My only concern with that plan is I believe due to propulsion issues Allure is departing Nassau a little earlier than normal, so we'll see!

This morning we paid a visit to the park cafe for breakfast and they offer a nice selection of breakfast sandwiches/Paninis that make a a nice alternative to the standard Windjammer spread. Speaking of the windjammer, it was asked about crowding compared to Enchantment. Thus far we haven't had an issues with finding a table. One day at lunch we did share a large 6 top table with 2 other people, but that certainly isn't an issue for us. And in the warmer weather there is plenty of covered outdoor seating on the pool deck.

I'm just looking out the window and off to our starboard side I can see Great Stirrup Cay and Cocoa Cay in the distance. There's an NCL ship at Great Stirrup Cay, and what looks to be Freedom at Cocoa Cay off in the distance.

Tonight onboard there are two centrum aerial shows scheduled for 7:15 and 8:45, with the highlight of the evening Love and Marriage at 9:45!

At 8:25p in the South Pacific Lounge the ship is showing the Dallas v Chicago game and Iron Man 3 is on the big screen at 6pm.

Hopefully my technical issues are over

Glad you're having a good time. I just have one question - the bathroom amenities...do they provide shampoo and body wash in the showers? I always bring my own conditioner, but wondered about the shampoo.

Thanks! Can't wait to get on the ship Saturday!

Hello everyone!

Sorry about my absence from here, it seems my technical issues continue. We are just pulling into Bright and Sunny Key West!! Much better than the snow we are getting at home!

I posted some pics of day 5 in coco cay, what a huge improvement since the last time we where there!

And for third who care... The freestyle machines are being installed this week. 2 in the windjammer and 2 at cafe latitudes pic in the day 6 gallery!

Glad you're having a good time. I just have one question - the bathroom amenities...do they provide shampoo and body wash in the showers? I always bring my own conditioner, but wondered about the shampoo.

Thanks! Can't wait to get on the ship Saturday!

I'll double check what the dispenser says this evening, there is just one in the shower

Good morning from Hot and Sunny Key West!

Well first of all, I've been having a bit of a hard time with the wifi or internet onboard, luckily today in Key West I am able to use my ATT&T service on the my iphone.

An update since I last posted...

Nassau: we were docked with the Carnival Conquest and Allure of the Seas. Had we docked next to Allure I was going to get off and walk to the bridge that connects the town with Paradise Island (ATLANTIS) for a pic of "little" Grandeur next to the Allure. Sadly we docked as far away from them as possible (the first slip right next to the terminal). So in the end we decided to stay onboard and enjoy the empty ship like we did the prior day.

Coco Cay... after breakfast we went to the South Pacific Lounge on deck 6 and retrieved our tender ticket (#4) and just as she handed it to me they called that number... so overall very efficient and easy! We did have a few minute delay because there was a large group in front of us who wanted a "later number" no matter how many times the lady handing out the tickets told them, "NO, come back when you are ready" they kept insisting.

We didn't spend much time on the island, we were back onboard for lunch, but we were blown away with all the changes and improvements they have made since we were last there, several years ago! It is truly beautiful. If there was a pier instead of tendering it would get my vote over labadee!

Last night we went back to Chops, I think it was our second time there. We both had the T bone and it was wonderful, perfectly cooked!

Today, Key West:

After breakfast we sat by the pool until our scheduled time to go to customs, luckily a good 40 minutes prior to our scheduled time they announced that they were running ahead of schedule and anyone could go. a night or two ago a flyer was left in our cabin saying based upon your muster station number a time had been assigned for you to go customs, ours was a rathe late 10:20. If you had an early tour, you could whenever you wanted.

We entered the theater on deck 5, walked all the way to front of the theater, exited the port side and walked the promenade all the way back to the dining room. Once in the dining room our sea pass was scanned and we had to present our passports to a customs officer, then our sea pass was punched showing we had been to customs. We were then free to go ashore as we wished. At the gangway it was checked that our sea pass had the correct whole punch in it. Overall it was a complete waste of time, but you can't argue with Customs and Immigration, can you? :-) Luckily once you went to customs you were free to go ashore. I remember once on Majesty, back in 2004 the entire ship was held hostage until EVERYONE went through immigration.

We walked around the city a bit, had my customary Key Lime pie frozen on a stick dipped in dark chocolate, and made our way back to enjoy the empty ship.

When returning to our cabin our invites for the bridge tour and galley tour had been delivered, so a "Busy" day tomorrow at sea.

Tonight's show is "Supreme Divas of Motown" at 6:30 and 8:30. 10:15 in the Centrum, "70's Disco Inferno Party". And on the Big screen at the pool 7pm, "Man of Steal"

I've added a few pictures to some of the day galleries from days 4, 5, and 6

http://www.polerez.com/cruisephotos/index.php/Grandeur-of-the-Seas-12-2013

I thought I'd mention something funny. According to the forecast for the 14th, our turnaround day it is supposed to snow in Baltimore. There are several crew members who have never seen snow VERY excited. Sadly I think every passenger who has to travel to and from the ship will have the opposite feeling on Saturday! Considering how much snow has already fallen in the north east this week I'm glad I have a shovel in the back of my truck as a "just in case" I may be digging for a while on the 24th to get the truck out if it doesn't melt!

More later....

Thank you for all your posts bradpole. I'm glad you got off the boat a little earlier than expected in Key West. Frozen Key Lime pie on a stick dipped in dark chocolate sounds delicious. How cute that the crew members are excited to see snow. The passengers on the other hand, that is quite a different story.

Edited by kahliasmom

I gotta say, having never cruised rccl, this review is making me contemplate taking the grandeur out of baltimore!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

She's a great ship!! Especially if u are in driving distance to Baltimore

Thank you for all your posts bradpole. I'm glad you got off the boat a little earlier than expected in Key West. Frozen Key Lime pie on a stick dipped in dark chocolate sounds delicious. How cute that the crew members are excited to see snow. The passengers on the other hand, that is quite a different story.

I thought the same about the snow...anyone who lives with it knows it is a nightmare, but if you have never seen it...it would be amazing

Good morning from Hot and Sunny Key West!

Well first of all, I've been having a bit of a hard time with the wifi or internet onboard, luckily today in Key West I am able to use my ATT&T service on the my iphone.

An update since I last posted...

Nassau: we were docked with the Carnival Conquest and Allure of the Seas. Had we docked next to Allure I was going to get off and walk to the bridge that connects the town with Paradise Island (ATLANTIS) for a pic of "little" Grandeur next to the Allure. Sadly we docked as far away from them as possible (the first slip right next to the terminal). So in the end we decided to stay onboard and enjoy the empty ship like we did the prior day.

Coco Cay... after breakfast we went to the South Pacific Lounge on deck 6 and retrieved our tender ticket (#4) and just as she handed it to me they called that number... so overall very efficient and easy! We did have a few minute delay because there was a large group in front of us who wanted a "later number" no matter how many times the lady handing out the tickets told them, "NO, come back when you are ready" they kept insisting.

We didn't spend much time on the island, we were back onboard for lunch, but we were blown away with all the changes and improvements they have made since we were last there, several years ago! It is truly beautiful. If there was a pier instead of tendering it would get my vote over labadee!

Last night we went back to Chops, I think it was our second time there. We both had the T bone and it was wonderful, perfectly cooked!

Today, Key West:

After breakfast we sat by the pool until our scheduled time to go to customs, luckily a good 40 minutes prior to our scheduled time they announced that they were running ahead of schedule and anyone could go. a night or two ago a flyer was left in our cabin saying based upon your muster station number a time had been assigned for you to go customs, ours was a rathe late 10:20. If you had an early tour, you could whenever you wanted.

We entered the theater on deck 5, walked all the way to front of the theater, exited the port side and walked the promenade all the way back to the dining room. Once in the dining room our sea pass was scanned and we had to present our passports to a customs officer, then our sea pass was punched showing we had been to customs. We were then free to go ashore as we wished. At the gangway it was checked that our sea pass had the correct whole punch in it. Overall it was a complete waste of time, but you can't argue with Customs and Immigration, can you? :-) Luckily once you went to customs you were free to go ashore. I remember once on Majesty, back in 2004 the entire ship was held hostage until EVERYONE went through immigration.

We walked around the city a bit, had my customary Key Lime pie frozen on a stick dipped in dark chocolate, and made our way back to enjoy the empty ship.

When returning to our cabin our invites for the bridge tour and galley tour had been delivered, so a "Busy" day tomorrow at sea.

Tonight's show is "Supreme Divas of Motown" at 6:30 and 8:30. 10:15 in the Centrum, "70's Disco Inferno Party". And on the Big screen at the pool 7pm, "Man of Steal"

I've added a few pictures to some of the day galleries from days 4, 5, and 6

http://www.polerez.com/cruisephotos/index.php/Grandeur-of-the-Seas-12-2013

I thought I'd mention something funny. According to the forecast for the 14th, our turnaround day it is supposed to snow in Baltimore. There are several crew members who have never seen snow VERY excited. Sadly I think every passenger who has to travel to and from the ship will have the opposite feeling on Saturday! Considering how much snow has already fallen in the north east this week I'm glad I have a shovel in the back of my truck as a "just in case" I may be digging for a while on the 24th to get the truck out if it doesn't melt!

More later....

I hope the crew isn't too disappointed. It's more than likely just going to rain in Baltimore. The snow will stay in the Shenandoah and farther north over parts of PA/NY/New England.

I hope the crew isn't too disappointed. It's more than likely just going to rain in Baltimore. The snow will stay in the Shenandoah and farther north over parts of PA/NY/New England.

I sure hope that's the case for everyone who has has to travel!

Depending on who you watch/read here, it could be a 60% chance of morning snow changing to rain, ... or an 80% chance of a wintry mix.

We really won't know till it happens. Always a guessing game.

OP - Enjoying your review. I just booked her again for Oct. '14.

Depending on who you watch/read here, it could be a 60% chance of morning snow changing to rain, ... or an 80% chance of a wintry mix.

We really won't know till it happens. Always a guessing game.

OP - Enjoying your review. I just booked her again for Oct. '14.

We'll see...