Costa Fortuna out of Dubai, Winter 2013/4

Bollinge

We are on Costa Fortuna for a cruise around the Emirates and Oman at Christmas.

Her Loveliness is worried about what to wear for the two formal nights, and I wonder how formal they are likely to be - Black Tie or lounge suit?

Also, has anyone experience of the embarkation and disembarkation times?

They ticket says boarding at 8pm, but doesn't mention a disembarkation time. The ship is in port in Dubai on the first and last nights of the cruise.

Everyone on Costa, probably as the rest of the commercial liners such as HAL, Royal C. etc., are middle class people - and everyone dresses accordingly.

You wount find anyone in Gucci expensive dresses or styles. Tell your wife that she can safly relax on the notion that her finest dress will be completely suiteble.

Its deffinately not the Oscar Awards levels, of that is what some immagines.

Philip

Everyone on Costa, probably as the rest of the commercial liners such as HAL, Royal C. etc., are middle class people - and everyone dresses accordingly.

You wount find anyone in Gucci expensive dresses or styles. Tell your wife that she can safly relax on the notion that her finest dress will be completely suiteble.

Its deffinately not the Oscar Awards levels, of that is what some immagines.

Philip

Aww, c'mon. Middle class? These days there are all types of people cruising - including/especially those who like to think they're a notch above others.

But you are right about it not being the Oscars or a Ball. More like Woolworth's Cafeteria and that's all lines!!

Edited by chrispb
omission

• 4 weeks later...

hi Bollinge. I hope you had a good cruise. I am considering this ship from Dubai but have read mixed reports on Costa Fortuna. The food seems to be criticised although that wouldn't put me off if the destinations are great.

Any comments you could make about your trip would be much appreciated to help me decide.

PJ

I am considering this ship from Dubai but have read mixed reports on Costa Fortuna. The food seems to be criticised although that wouldn't put me off if the destinations are great.

PJ

Much would depend on who is doing the criticising. ;) We haven't had any problems with the food on Costa and will be able to report back in April about the food on Fortuna as we are on the relocating cruise out of Dubai to Savona.