Captains Club question

mii

We just took our first Celebrity Cruise on May 28 on the Infinity and ending on June 9. We filled out a enrollment phamphlet on the ship and gave to a person at the desk. How long does it take to get our Cap. Club cards or should I just go ahead and do the enrollment on line. I mentioned to the person that it was our first cruise and obviously since we were sailing at the time I assumed that our 1st cruise would be over by the time Celebrity got back into port. Any suggesitons. Also we are currently signed up for another Celebrity cruise next Oct. 2006, without the Captains Club card. Will they catch the 2nd cruise when that is completed.

Marilyn

We signed up for CC on our first Celebrity cruise last November (the week after Thanksgiving) and I had my card in the beginning of January. (My husband's didn't get here until February because X/RCCL showed address as Tennessee, UK, so his card came from England. When I called to sort that out, I did find out that CC/C&A records are linked, since the CC agent told me one entry corrected both records.)

I wouldn't do it again online, but you could call them to see if you are in the system yet.

as you are never asked for it & it is now a generic white card with ship photo on it that has your # & name, not even your tier name (Clasic, Select, Elite)

So have your TA call them for your number so it is used on your 2nd cruise & that you have the cprrect points added to the account.

3 for 2 weeks CC category

2 for 2 weeks other categories

2 for CC 1 week cruise

1 for 1 week criuise other categories

My husband never got a CC card. So I assume we are both on my card, although I still use my old name (so our names are different), so it does seem funny. Yes, we did cruise together in the same stateroom.

When I booked my second Celebrity cruise i gave the travel agent my cc# and expected a one category upgrade on the inside cabin (category 10) that was on a special air inclusive fare. But I did not see a one category upgrade when the documents arrived. If you read the small print it says the CC upgrade will not be given on certain fares. I asked the TA if our fare was a happy hour, close-out or some other term for lowest possible price and she said yes. So i guess that's why we didn't get out of the belly of the ship and up to deck 7! But hey, the air fare from Atlanta to Anchorage and vancouver to Atlanta was only $300, so i'll not complain.

It takes at least 4 to 6 weeks to get your card. Once you do you can call you TA and give her the number. I booked a Royal Carribean cruise last year and didn;t have my C&A number, I was just applying for it, when I got the card I gave the number to the travel agent no problem. I had everything I needed when I boarded the ship. Coupon book, gift, etc. I believe Celebrity works the same way. My friend applied for Captains Club about 4 weeks ago has not yet received the card, she is going on her 5th cruise, she called them and they said she would get the card in about 4 weeks and give the info to TA. Hopes this calms your fears.

Thanks everyone for the prompt answers. I will just sit and wait and dream about my future cruises.:D

Marilyn

Marilyn:

Call the Captains club and see if they have your number. That is really all you need, I have never been asked for the card. CC is notorious for not sending out cards promptly or at all.

I emailed to the Captains Club asking how long it would take to get my numbers. A day later they responded providing me with our numbers and some information. The cards to follow. I was very pleased with the prompt response.

I also want to mention here that I wrote a letter to Celebrity complimenting their staff on our recent cruise. I received a phone call the other day thanking me for the nice compliments and telling me that the specific crew that I mentioned would be notified on board about them.

If you call the Captain's Club they can check on your previous cruise and enroll you over the phone if you aren't enrolled already. They will also enter your C&A number in your booked cruise at that time.

Reggie:D

I emailed to the Captains Club asking how long it would take to get my numbers. A day later they responded providing me with our numbers and some information. The cards to follow. I was very pleased with the prompt response.

I also want to mention here that I wrote a letter to Celebrity complimenting their staff on our recent cruise. I received a phone call the other day thanking me for the nice compliments and telling me that the specific crew that I mentioned would be notified on board about them.

What ship were you on Brooklyn Girl.

I called Celebrity 800 number and they found my first cruise, enrolled me and gave me my number over the phone. They also had my profile from my Crown and Anchor membership (RCCL) and quoted me a cruise price, with 55+ discount (I hadn't told him my age, he got it from my profile) and provided the one category upgrade information at the same time.

The only thing he couldn't do was tell me about any coupon offers that have been sent to CC members recently. He did say that if I booked the cruise and received a coupon that applied when I got my CC card, they would honor it.

For any CC members, do you know if there is a coupon for either:

Mercury 11 night Mexican Riveira sailing 12/12/05

Infinity Panama Canal 14 night sailing 12/10/05

These are the two we are considering.

Thank you.

This is the response I posted to your other thread on this topic. I sent my coupon in to my TA already so I don't know if these cruises are in it. They probably are tho'

Go to celebrity.com

Click on Captain's Club and then Destinations Magazine from the drop down menu that will appear.

Then you will have to register with your Captain's Club number and can get a look at what coupons were in the May 2005 magazine.

Last June, after our first cruise on Celebrity, I sent in Captain's Club applications for my friend and I....two separate applications, two different names, two different addresses. My friend received a card and receives mailings and coupons. I received.......NOTHING. I didn't even think I had a Captain's Club number until we booked our upcoming cruise and we mentioned that we had previously sailed Celebrity to our online TA. He called Celebrity and, lo and behold, I do have a CC number and....thanks to the TA....I now know what it is!

as you are never asked for it & it is now a generic white card with ship photo on it that has your # & name, not even your tier name (Clasic, Select, Elite)

So have your TA call them for your number so it is used on your 2nd cruise & that you have the cprrect points added to the account.

3 for 2 weeks CC category

2 for 2 weeks other categories

2 for CC 1 week cruise

1 for 1 week criuise other categories

Sorry if this seems a dumb question, but what do these points you accumulate mean? I know if you are in Captain's Club, depending on your tier, you get diff benefits ie cabin upgrade etc, but I don't understand what the points are used for. Anybody help?

Yes you do, you have to accumulate the required cruises on each line before you can achieve elite or diamond status. There is receprocity between the ships but you have to be a member of both clubs.

The reciprocal agreement does not kick in until you have reached the over 5 cruise level on one of the lines. And you cannot combine the two lines to count cruises.

Ali,

The points are what are used to determine your level. It used to be that you got 1 point per cruise but now you can get additional points for longer cruises as well as 1 point for booking CC class. There is a maximum of 3 points for any one cruise. After 5 points you move up to Select, after 10 you become Elite. The perks do increase as you move up.

as I gave you the chart of how many points per cruise you will get from 1-3, that way after 4 cruises you are ELITE the top tier! Not 10 cruises like other cruiselines..................

Some folks think the rewards are crappy, but you are getting them in half the time.

Sorry if this seems a dumb question, but what do these points you accumulate mean? I know if you are in Captain's Club, depending on your tier, you get diff benefits ie cabin upgrade etc, but I don't understand what the points are used for. Anybody help?

Archived