Cancelled flights and missing cruise boarding

MVPinBoynton

[quote name='Lois R']Ed, after all these years we have never sailed together either:( Maybe one day:D:);)[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Maybe after Jacquie and I retire, we can cruise when you and quite a few other"friends" sail. :) [/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Happy Cruiser 6143'][FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"]You're right, Ed, I do try to sail when there are fewer kids, but for you, I'll make an exception. :D[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]That sounds great. :)[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='FlipFlopFanatic']Agreed! :D[/QUOTE]

[quote name='elena7seas']Texed, it is people like you that restore our faith in human nature. What a very kind offer you made. Just does a heart good to hear it :D.

I am someone else who will buy you a drink if we are ever on a cruise together.[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]All of y'all are too nice. I am speechless. (Well, not really). :) [/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='Cindy']You should check with Celebrity. I think there might be a PVSA issue boarding in San Juan since it's a US Territory.[/quote]

[quote name='Algebralovr']There should be a waiver due to weather. It happened last February to a whole bunch of people when we sailed on Reflection. The Captain made a point of telling everyone when we docked that a number of passengers had been stranded due to weather and were joining the ship in San Juan. They may or may not be charged the PVSA fine, but I don't think it was imposed.
The Feds have discretion to waive it in this kind of instance.[/quote]

Puerto Rico currently has an exemption under the PVSA. From [URL]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Passenger_Vessel_Services_Act_of_1886[/URL]

As of October 30, 2003, foreign vessels are also allowed to transport passengers (but not cargo) between the U.S. mainland and Puerto Rico (46 U.S.C. § 55104). However, this exemption will disappear if U.S.-flagged ships resume passenger operations of this type.

Also the PVSA coastwise laws generally do not apply to the following: 1) American Samoa; 2) the Northern Mariana Islands; 3) Canton Island; or 4) the Virgin Islands. See 46 U.S.C. § 55101(b). Edited by robtulipe

We are back from a wonderful cruise on the Reflection. My son and daughter in law were able to join us in San Juan. Instead of arriving at 3:00 PM, we arrived closer to 5:00 PM due to strong winds slowing us down. So they were very ready to start the cruise. They did get to spend two lovely days in San Juan while we were at sea. They absolutely loved their first cruise! :)

Thank you all for your lovely comments and concern for my son's plight. It is appreciated.

[quote name='Host Anne']

Mike and Carol ~ hoping your son makes it to San Juan and enjoys the rest of the cruise with you. Be sure to see Reflection, the Show. Just awesome! It's later in the cruise. Also tell Onur at the Sunset Bar we send our best. We are missing the Sunset bar already!
[/quote]

Hi Anne,
So nice to hear from you. Sorry I didn't follow any CC posts while on the cruise, so I couldn't send Onur your regards. We did go to Reflection, the show. A truly wonderful show.

[quote name='MVPinBoynton']We are back from a wonderful cruise on the Reflection. My son and daughter in law were able to join us in San Juan. They absolutely loved their first cruise! :) [/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am so glad it worked out well for all of you. :)[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='MVPinBoynton']We are back from a wonderful cruise on the Reflection. My son and daughter in law were able to join us in San Juan. Instead of arriving at 3:00 PM, we arrived closer to 5:00 PM due to strong winds slowing us down. So they were very ready to start the cruise. They did get to spend two lovely days in San Juan while we were at sea. They absolutely loved their first cruise! :)

Thank you all for your lovely comments and concern for my son's plight. It is appreciated.[/quote]

Yipppeeee:D....so glad things worked out!!!

[quote name='Lois R']Yipppeeee:D....so glad things worked out!!![/quote]

Thanks Lois. They had originally been disappointed that we would have so little time in San Juan with us arriving at 3:00 PM. With two less hours, it would have been a real bummer. So they really enjoyed being able to walk all over San Juan and enjoy everything.

It obviously cost them a lot more to have to get a hotel in San Juan; and can you imagine, the hotel wouldn't honor the beverage package. :D

[quote name='MVPinBoynton']We are back from a wonderful cruise on the Reflection. My son and daughter in law were able to join us in San Juan. Instead of arriving at 3:00 PM, we arrived closer to 5:00 PM due to strong winds slowing us down. So they were very ready to start the cruise. They did get to spend two lovely days in San Juan while we were at sea. They absolutely loved their first cruise! :)

Thank you all for your lovely comments and concern for my son's plight. It is appreciated.[/quote]

[SIZE=3]So glad for your happy ending![/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]I have really enjoyed this thread. While I'm sorry about the original reason it was started, it's been so refreshing to read such a positive and generous thread![/SIZE]

Just back from my cruise last night and found this thread this morning. What a fantastic offer from you Ed. You are truly remarkable. And all of the good will in this thread almost made me cry.
Wishing all of you posting here a wonderful holiday and a very happy new year.

[quote name='cruiseacecat']Just back from my cruise last night and found this thread this morning. What a fantastic offer from you Ed. You are truly remarkable. And all of the good will in this thread almost made me cry.
Wishing all of you posting here a wonderful holiday and a very happy new year.[/quote]

Hi Anne, hope you are doing well. What cruise were you on? Looking
forward to seeing you in February:) After all these years I will finally
get to meet your hubby too:D

[quote name='Lois R']Hi Anne, hope you are doing well. What cruise were you on? Looking
forward to seeing you in February:) After all these years I will finally
get to meet your hubby too:D[/quote]
Hi Lois,
I was on Grandeur, again. Nice to be able to cruise out of Baltimore. I am so looking forward to Feb. and seeing you and so many others I have come to know over the years. Hubby is still planning to be on the 23rd cruise.

[quote name='Eliz']Hey Ed, can you come get me...in Chicago? The weather is a nightmare and my mom and dad live in Houston.[/QUOTE]

[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]Well, I have never been to Chicago. ;)[/COLOR][/B]

[quote name='cruiseacecat']Hi Lois,
I was on Grandeur, again. Nice to be able to cruise out of Baltimore. I am so looking forward to Feb. and seeing you and so many others I have come to know over the years. Hubby is still planning to be on the 23rd cruise.[/quote]

Hi Anne,:) oh....he is not on the 12th or 15th? I am not on that last leg
of the 23rd.