Phone rang....305 area code - I was psyched!

4merlurker

It was a PVP I worked with 2 years ago when I was planning a carnival cruise. Long story short: that cruise never happened but this women called me 2-3x a month for about 8 months asking if I was ready to book...ready to book...ready to book. Nutz! Finally she stopped.

The phone rang yesterday and it was HER! Asking if I was ready to book a cruise. I told her that I had in fact booked already - online. She seemed put off...said "oh, ok" and HUNG UP ON ME!:eek: 2 mins later the phone rang again....305....It was her again. She said she found my booking and it was indeed in the system (Like I was lying?) and to enjoy my cruise and then hung up again. ***???

Anyone else have a stalker PVP???

It was a PVP I worked with 2 years ago when I was planning a carnival cruise. Long story short: that cruise never happened but this women called me 2-3x a month for about 8 months asking if I was ready to book...ready to book...ready to book. Nutz! Finally she stopped.

The phone rang yesterday and it was HER! Asking if I was ready to book a cruise. I told her that I had in fact booked already - online. She seemed put off...said "oh, ok" and HUNG UP ON ME!:eek: 2 mins later the phone rang again....305....It was her again. She said she found my booking and it was indeed in the system (Like I was lying?) and to enjoy my cruise and then hung up again. ***???

Yes...I did.

PVP kept calling me...even though I wasn't planning to book.

When I finally booked (I called and spoke to the first person who answered) I mentioned "the PVP". She "unchecked a box" on my profile...and said he wouldn't call again. He hasn't.

I had a PVP that called quite a bit during the course of a year. I finally asked him not to call back unless he was offering a free cruise. I really don't need to be coerced to spend money. He never called again.

I had a PCC with NCL that did the same thing. But he stopped calling on his own. When I was ready to book this year, I called & I found out he was no longer with the company.

I had a PVP that called quite a bit during the course of a year. I finally asked him not to call back unless he was offering a free cruise. I really don't need to be coerced to spend money. He never called again.

I had a PCC with NCL that did the same thing. But he stopped calling on his own. When I was ready to book this year, I called & I found out he was no longer with the company.

Typical sales calls..They must work on commission.

I used to get calls but I told him to stop calling and he did.

Edited by limoguy1

I have blocked the stalker PVP number on both my land line and cell phone. That takes care of it.

I don't want to pay for upgrades Carnival may offer as they are depending on impulse buying and I just don't do that -- so could care less that I don't get any calls from Carnival.

I have wondered before if I got a PVP if I would get better deals, upgrades, etc. But hearing some stories of the pushy ones makes me glad I book online myself!

I have always got a better deal with a TA.

Maybe they cut there commission or buy cabins in bulk.

Whatever the case, I get more with a TA.

We had always used a PVP. Then she left. The new one wasn't near as good so I started booking direct. It's been great. Instant changes or any other request. Something a TA could never do. Too many channels for a TA. Highly doubt you get a better deal.

Well sure, a TA is the middle man so if you have to make changes it takes time.

I just care about the bottom line number (OBC, cabin price). For us, a TA has been winning the battle.

We had a wonderful PVP with Carnival. Then about a year later when I was perusing around Carnival's website thinking of booking....another PVP called me. I told this person that so and so was my PVP and they said, oh, she is not here anymore! Okay, so I book this cruise with my new PVP. About a year later, thinking of another cruise, I get another call from a different PVP. This time I did NOT book the cruise with the PVP, but online.

A while later, my original PVP called. I said they told me you were not there anymore! Of course that was a lie.

Now when I book, I email her or call her directly. I couldn't believe some of these other PVP's just flat out lied to me!

Now, for whatever it is worth, the SAME THING has happened with RCCL and NCL!

We had a wonderful PVP with Carnival. Then about a year later when I was perusing around Carnival's website thinking of booking....another PVP called me. I told this person that so and so was my PVP and they said, oh, she is not here anymore! Okay, so I book this cruise with my new PVP. About a year later, thinking of another cruise, I get another call from a different PVP. This time I did NOT book the cruise with the PVP, but online.

A while later, my original PVP called. I said they told me you were not there anymore! Of course that was a lie.

Now when I book, I email her or call her directly. I couldn't believe some of these other PVP's just flat out lied to me!

Now, for whatever it is worth, the SAME THING has happened with RCCL and NCL!

Hope that if Carnival found out that pvp's were lying to steal other pvp's businessthey would fire them.

I use discount certificates (Thank You Rewards) when I book, so I have to call a special promotions desk rather than my PVP. The last time I tried to used the discount cert's via my PVP, I had to fight to get them to accept the the cert's because I didn't call the Promo desk to book the cruise.

So, I don't get to talk to my PVP much anymore. :mad:

Edited by The4Cruisers

I have a pushy PVP in the sense that every time I visit the Carnivals website, just to snoop around and see different things, I get a phone call the very next day. Even if it's multiple days in a row. However, I've booked 3 cruises through him and he always gets me a good worthwhile upgrade, so I can't complain. I just visit carnivals website in google chrome incognito mode from now on ;)

Anyone has a pvp leave carnival for another company than call you for the other cruise company

I had a great PVP who would call me with great deals. I booked about 5 cruises with him. When he left Carnival, he sent me something in the mail to tell me he'd gone private. I used him twice more. The second time I noticedI was 3 days past final payment and payment hadn't been made.

I called him, emailed, called, emailed. No response. Carnival wouldn't talk to me until I told them I didn't want to lose my booking but my TA was missing and not responding.

They put me in touch with his parent company and they helped me fix it.

I thought for sure something awful had happened to him. Nope, he still works there...

Yes, we always book online ourselves to avoid this.

I called 1 time a few weeks back to make a change because the site was sending e mails to the wrong account. Ever since then I've gotten calls and e mails from a PVP telling me about all the great deals and saying I need to book a cruise. Ummmm...I already have 2 booked. Irritating.

I have a pushy PVP in the sense that every time I visit the Carnivals website, just to snoop around and see different things, I get a phone call the very next day. ;)

I used to get that until I told them to not call anymore :rolleyes:

You can always know its them with the 305! After a while it gets annoying.

They are like wolves!:eek:

Edited by limoguy1

I've been on 3 Carnival cruises, and all have been booked online. Never have had my own PVP.

A few months ago, I started getting calls about once a month from the 305 area code, from the same lady. Finally figured out it was a day after I had checked rates online. One time I answered, and she asked if I was ready to book. I said "no," and she asked if I had any questions. I said "no", and she seemed put off with that answer, so she said "bye." Now, I just log in to check rates to see if she'll call the next day. She does, and I don't answer.