What to pack

New Zealand can be quite cool even in Summer in December, so bring layers. You just can't predict if you will have hot or cool weather. Sydney should predictably be hot in December, but the weather has been a bit weird of late with really hot days and then colder days with rain. We have sailed Sydney to New Zealand twice for Christmas and have had extremes of temperatures from really cool and rainy to really hot and sunny on the one cruise. Early mornings sailing through the sounds was especially cold, I was glad to have a windproof fleece, rain jacket and scarf with me!

New Zealand can be quite cool even in Summer in December, so bring layers. You just can't predict if you will have hot or cool weather. Sydney should predictably be hot in December, but the weather has been a bit weird of late with really hot days and then colder days with rain. We have sailed Sydney to New Zealand twice for Christmas and have had extremes of temperatures from really cool and rainy to really hot and sunny on the one cruise. Early mornings sailing through the sounds was especially cold, I was glad to have a windproof fleece, rain jacket and scarf with me!

Layers are the key, last Wednesday it was 32 degrees with Thursday at 16 degrees. NZ can have weather like that as well.:D

I think throughout the world these days with the weather patters layers are best and clothes you are comfortable in

Yes, that is true for anywhere in the world, it is also the best way to pack for extended trips. Wear some clothes many times but swap them around so sometimes they are underneath and other times the are on top.:D