First Time NCL - Dilema - Need Advice

gooselover

I so do appreciate everyone's replies. But for now, we are sticking with Getaway due to the timing of the year. However, believe me, our next cruise, as long as we like NCL, which I am sure we will, will be on Jewel out of Houston and try those suite perks!

I agree that Belize is boring. On our last cruise in Belize, we went to the Altun Hum (sp?) ruins. DH had REALLY been wanting to see the ruins. We were a tad disappointed. Belize was so poor! We did do the River Wallace, and that was great fun there in Belize.

And thanks for thinking that we are a "young" couple. We would like to think so, too! However, we are close to 60!

You need to do something else in Belize. We will be in 2.5 weeks and it will be our 4th time in Belize. We did cave tubing and zip lining last time and we're going to do it again because it was so much fun. Out first 2 times, we had a private guide (stumbled into it the 1st time and kept his info because he's that good). After zip lining & cave tubing this coming trip, we'll go back to calling Maurice. I will say, Maurice was a walking wealth of info when he took us to Altun Ha and other groups gathered around him because he was so good.

Do you realize that tourism is one of the ways countries that are poor get an influx of outside money and are able to pull themselves up?

I don't recall the name of our tour guide in Belize that took us to Altun Ha, but he was FANTASTIC! You could NOT have asked for a better tour guide. I think that DH was a tad disappointed in the ruins as we both thought it would be much larger than it was.

I do agree, there are so many things more to do at ANY port. I know on our first cruise years ago, we did the Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel ports. We were not impressed with Jamaica, and we did the helmet dive. That part was fun but the rest of it was NOT. We had someone try to hustle us, but thank goodness it didn't feel right and we got out of there! However, in Jamaica, there is always the Dunn's River Falls that we never did see....so worth going back.

Again, we are going to stick with Getaway due to the time of year for now. In our business, we really just don't know when we can get away! I think, however, that I have it worked/planned out that May 2014 will work, but you never know!