MSC World cruises to come - latest news

Skipper Tim

# MSCnews "MSC will retain its nature as a family business." It is the new executive chairman of MSC Cruises, former CEO, Pierfrancesco Vago, which makes it clear what will be the next steps for the development of the company, thus disproving the rumors of a possible sale of the company in spite of the different proposals of purchase. Vago also anticipates that there will be a shift of more and more business to the East, and that soon the company will also launch the product World Tour.

handshake.jpg

via https://www.facebook.com/pages/MSC-For-Ever/168142310039454

Tim.

The Dubai to Freemantle and then back to Europe should be good practice for them

Good point. I have only done a 5-day sector of a World cruise (QE2 Transatlantic) and have not been with Cunard since so I can't say if things were run any differently. I imagine MSC would have to provide more upmarket daytime entertainment for a potentially wealthier, retired, well-travelled and more critical clientele. Being stuck on a ship with an infantile animation team for months would not be my idea of enjoyment.

I can see I will have to save up for that Dubai to Fremantle run. If only there were a way of doing it solely on Avios.....

• 1 month later...

Yes this is now on sale on the UK MSC site (Dubai to Freemantle, 33 nights)

For an inside cabin for a single is... wait for it... £4693.50

For an inside for two... wait for it... £3129 each or £6258

Though it includes flights, some drinks, some Spa visits but there is no option of doing a cruise only and no shorter cruises ie Dubai to Singapore on offer just the full overpriced one.

Thanks for that. Suppose it's not too bad if it includes extras like flights etc. it was never going to be sold under the old £25/35/45 and no solo supplement deal as it's a unique and no doubt popular cruise. I looked at a balcony solo and then occupied by 2 and they don't appear to be going for the full 100% supplement.

I've used the contact me option to ask if they are intending releasing the segments they promised at their webinar soon or if they've changed their mind.

See they have not yet loaded the price for the orchestra sailing down to Dubai in November yet.

Yes this is now on sale on the UK MSC site (Dubai to Freemantle, 33 nights)

For an inside cabin for a single is... wait for it... £4693.50

For an inside for two... wait for it... £3129 each or £6258

Though it includes flights, some drinks, some Spa visits but there is no option of doing a cruise only and no shorter cruises ie Dubai to Singapore on offer just the full overpriced one.

The £3129 base price does NOT include flights.

Annie