Drop off at Port Canaveral and return rental car?

mjonis

Since I arrive 8 hours before everyone else, I'm renting a car to get from MCO to our hotel the day before the cruise leaves. At that point, it's going to be cheaper to rent a 2nd card and I'll just drive back to the airport to pick up the rest of the gang and we'll spent the night at Cocoa Beach. (10 people, 2 cars =$40 vs. like $120 or something for a shuttle).

However, since Avis/Budget don't have on-site returns, 2 of us (well, me and driver of other car) will have to drop everyone off at the Port (say, around 10-10:30 a.m.), drive back to the rental site, drop off the cars and take a cab or shuttle back to the port.

The question:

What do the folks we drop off do? Do they go ahead and go through security and then just wait for us?

Any suggestions?

Am I doing stuff wrong?

Since I arrive 8 hours before everyone else, I'm renting a car to get from MCO to our hotel the day before the cruise leaves. At that point, it's going to be cheaper to rent a 2nd card and I'll just drive back to the airport to pick up the rest of the gang and we'll spent the night at Cocoa Beach. (10 people, 2 cars =$40 vs. like $120 or something for a shuttle).

However, since Avis/Budget don't have on-site returns, 2 of us (well, me and driver of other car) will have to drop everyone off at the Port (say, around 10-10:30 a.m.), drive back to the rental site, drop off the cars and take a cab or shuttle back to the port.

The question:

What do the folks we drop off do? Do they go ahead and go through security and then just wait for us?

Any suggestions?

Am I doing stuff wrong?

The people you drop off can go thru security and wait for you inside the terminal. You may also wish to print an extra copy of your boarding document so you can get through security easier yourself. Otherwise they have to look up your name in the manifest.

Thanks everyone. I mentioned the cab, because it was brought (many times in this forum) that everyone and their "dog" will be waiting for the shuttle and it was faster for the 5 minute cab ride than the 30-45 minutes for a shuttle to take you back.

But I guess it all depends on how busy they are the day of the cruise.

Thanks everyone. I mentioned the cab, because it was brought (many times in this forum) that everyone and their "dog" will be waiting for the shuttle and it was faster for the 5 minute cab ride than the 30-45 minutes for a shuttle to take you back.

But I guess it all depends on how busy they are the day of the cruise.

We used Avis and the shuttle to the port was pretty nice. Saved cab fare and it was as quick as a cab. Guess it comes down to timing...