Reflection MDR Menus

sylveve

Dont have the menus, but based on a recent 10 night Med cruise I took in July, I just wanted to give you a heads-up that the MDR on Reflection is not very good. Food was lukewarm and nothing special. I have sailed on all the other Solstice class ships, some more than once, and have always been satisfied in MDR so my experience on Reflection came as a shock.

I know others will chime in with opinions that will differ from mine, but just wanted to encourage you to try all the Specialty restaurants so you can have more variety and food of higher quality (Qsine is my favorite). .

...based on a recent 10 night Med cruise I took in July, I just wanted to give you a heads-up that the MDR on Reflection is not very good. Food was lukewarm and nothing special. I have sailed on all the other Solstice class ships, some more than once, and have always been satisfied in MDR so my experience on Reflection came as a shock....

... The food in the Opus Restaurant (Main Dining Room) was probably the best overall dining room food we’ve had on a cruise. We only ate dinner here but every item we had was very good to excellent....

The second quote above was from a recent review on the reflection. Interesting how often you see such varied opinions and experiences on the same ship. In this case the cruises were a few months apart but sometimes you read such divergent reviews from different people who were on the same cruise.

Edited by Lsimon

We just got back from the reflection, and I would like to say that the food in the mdr was just "ok" in our opinion. The french onion soup on the every day menu was very good, but it came out cold on more than I occasion. The shrimp cocktail was 4 little shrimp and was tasty. The salads were just so so, and we had asked the waiter on the first night to get a house salad with blue cheese dressing on the side and she told me that it would be a chore to get the dressing. The entree selection was very nice, and had the usual meats, poultry and fishes. The big issue that we found was the service, on other cruises, such as carnival, if you asked for iced tea the first night, then it was there for you every other night in stead of having to ask for it every night.

Howard

I was on the 11/23 Reflection 7 day trip. The MDR food was consistently okay to a little better than that, except for Wednesday night when I thought the menu was a complete dud. I could have found something to eat, but it wasn't worth it. There was better food that night in the buffet or from room service. My young son found something to eat that night, but the other folks at the table felt similar to me. At our table for four, my son was the only one eating that night.

I was on the 11/23 Reflection 7 day trip. The MDR food was consistently okay to a little better than that, except for Wednesday night when I thought the menu was a complete dud. I could have found something to eat, but it wasn't worth it. There was better food that night in the buffet or from room service. My young son found something to eat that night, but the other folks at the table felt similar to me. At our table for four, my son was the only one eating that night.

I've noticed that some nights in the MDR are feast or famine as far as the menu selections and their appeal. There are always a few nights where everything looks good and it is hard to decide which to pick and a couple nights where nothing looks good and it is hard to decide which to pick for a different reason. On the off nights we eat from the every night selections which include strip steak, salmon and chicken and have been happy with those.

Edited by Lsimon

Larry,

I had to smile at your post as I also find some nights I could eat everything offered; then there are just 1 or 2 nights where nothing takes my fancy.

I wonder if it everyone finds the same nights are duds, or if a night I think is a dud others find delicious.

Cheers, h.

There are always a few nights where everything looks good and . . . on the off nights we eat from the every night selections.

I find this to be true on other cruiselines as well. But I can always find something good in the MDR. I rarely eat at specialty restaurants because I've already paid for a meal in the MDR and refuse to pay twice for one meal. Call me cheap, but I call it being a good steward. ;)

I copied this link from another thread a while ago. Thank you to the Preismans, the OP.

It isn't exactly what you are looking for but may help a little. I do not know how much the menu has changed since this sailing.

http://www.thepreismans.com/med_silhouette_menus.htm

Cheers, h.

They just got back from a Reflection cruise a few days ago, and will likely have a review soon, along with menus!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app