Different Prices for 3rd and 4th Passengers Now?

abitaturbodog

I was checking out the price of a cruise in April on the Carnival website yesterday and saw that the prices for a 3rd passenger and 4th passenger were different. The 3rd passenger was $399, the 4th passenger was $199. We just got off the Fascination and when I booked in August both the 3rd and 4th passengers had the same rate.

What gives?

Edited by abitaturbodog

I was checking out the price of a cruise in April on the Carnival website yesterday and saw that the prices for a 3rd passenger and 4th passenger were different. The 3rd passenger was $399, the 4th passenger was $199. We just got off the Fascination and when I booked in August both the 3rd and 4th passengers had the same rate.

What gives?

It has always been this way. My TA will tell me the price for the 3nd and 4th but all you do is take the total cost and dived it by 4.

It has always been this way. My TA will tell me the price for the 3nd and 4th but all you do is take the total cost and dived it by 4.

I've booked many cruises on Carnival and have never seen this. I don't use a TA, I use the internet, so I can actually "see" the prices for 3/4 passenger when I do a booking. Again, this is the first time I've had 2 different prices show up.

when You do a dummy booking at the carnival cruise site..and you put in rate you choose..number of passengers...category...it will give a rate for each person.

My daughter, SIL and toddler are in an OV Deluxe on the Dream for next March.....Their rates are the same.......the baby's is lower.

On some lines...........the first two passengers are the same...3 & 4..HIGHER. keeps Spring Breakers off...........or that is when I saw it posted. The sale is only offered to the first two passengers. Having never been on a cruise during Spring Break.......no thanks.

I got the best rate for her on Carnival. Princess and HAL..not much. $200 at most. I know they have sales when extra passengers go free but I am tied to that one week and I had not choice to take other dates.

P.C is a closer port to us. I like the Dream. We have been on it three times. I hope getting on and off is not a madhouse.....due to FTTF. It was in Miami. On the Breeze in Sept,. And enough has been said about that. And I did make my next Reservation of Princess. So..left. never complaining again. Do still hope getting on and getting off for Plats is sedate. And both escalators are working.

I've booked many cruises on Carnival and have never seen this. I don't use a TA, I use the internet, so I can actually "see" the prices for 3/4 passenger when I do a booking. Again, this is the first time I've had 2 different prices show up.

Look at it this way the prices that they show are based on two people in one cabin. So if a cabin is listed at 1,000 for two. If you add two more they are not going to charge you another 1,000. If you add one more person it could be half of the price of what you paid so call it 250. Then if you add the 4th person it's gonna cost less half of the 3nd person so call it 150. It's called teared pricing. That is what my TA told me years ago when I would travel with more ppl. But there has always been multiple levels of pricing for the 3 and 4 in a room. Again just take the total Cody a dived it by how ever many ppl that you are going with.

I was just doing a dummy booking last night, when I put it in for 3 people the price per person was almost $200 less, they took the total and averaged it out per person. So I changed it to just 2 people and the price went up per person. So what I had to do was subtract one from the other to see what they were charging for my daughter, it was around 250. Hope that makes sense. Its very confusing

Edited by jchris1230

When you do price out the cruise, it shows an average price per person..

But after you have booked, the reservation shows 1 and 2 to be the same. And in all of my cruises, some with 3 some with 4, if there were 4 passengers, passengers 3 and 4 (although different from 1 and 2) were always the same and much less than 1 and 2.

and the 4th passenger is cheaper than the 3rd passenger. Although the 3rd passenger still has a reduced rate compared to Passengers 1 and 2.

Other times I have seen the 3rd person be cheaper and the 4th person slightly higher. It just depends how many Triple and Quad occupancy cabins are available and if they are running a special rate.

EACH cruise is different depending on supply and demand. Pricing for 3/4th can actually be higher than the first 2. And certainly prices can be different between the 3/4 passenger. It all depends on what cabins are less and not selling as they should be. Prices are then adjusted depending on the particular situation of the cruise.

when You do a dummy booking at the carnival cruise site..and you put in rate you choose..number of passengers...category...it will give a rate for each person.

My daughter, SIL and toddler are in an OV Deluxe on the Dream for next March.....Their rates are the same.......the baby's is lower.

On some lines...........the first two passengers are the same...3 & 4..HIGHER. keeps Spring Breakers off...........or that is when I saw it posted. The sale is only offered to the first two passengers. Having never been on a cruise during Spring Break.......no thanks.

I got the best rate for her on Carnival. Princess and HAL..not much. $200 at most. I know they have sales when extra passengers go free but I am tied to that one week and I had not choice to take other dates.

P.C is a closer port to us. I like the Dream. We have been on it three times. I hope getting on and off is not a madhouse.....due to FTTF. It was in Miami. On the Breeze in Sept,. And enough has been said about that. And I did make my next Reservation of Princess. So..left. never complaining again. Do still hope getting on and getting off for Plats is sedate. And both escalators are working.

That logic makes no sense. It would just make px 3 and 4 book in another cabin at px 1 and 2 prices.

A higher third make sense in a triple.

That logic makes no sense. It would just make px 3 and 4 book in another cabin at px 1 and 2 prices.

Exactly what we did last March. Booked two cabins instead of a quad.

It was a last minute booking when DD was home for Spring Break. Prices had dropped tremendously on the doubles.

Edited by SadieN

Might it depend on the new pricing structure called "The More The Merrier" for 3 or more people in a cabin?

That did not give me lower rates at any time than from regular search engine.

I booked..........Military for My DH and I. He will stay in anything and not complain, but likes a Cove Balcony. So this time..he has one.

I booked......Oceanview Deluxe for DD, SIl & GD. She has never sailed. The first time..everything is usually wonderful. And she has a bathtub for her toddler.

Not cheap. I am still in sticker shock. But if it is Spring Break Week..and it is for two colleges in Florida , I know............I am glad the prices have stayed up. Drunks are not fun to be around.