Great packers encouragement needed🎁

LHC

http://www.packinglight.net has the great video about packing in a "package". You will have to look for it under "travel tips and videos." It works for me (except I since we cross-pack I make a bundle for each of us in each suitcase..)

Cross-packing is a great idea in case one suit-case gets lost. We had both our suit-cases "diverted" once on a flight to Naples, Italy so it was interesting to see what we needed to get right away for those three days before they were "found" again.

(The very first trip I relaxed my always carry enough for at least one day in my carryon rule, mainly because I had never lost a suitcase ever in 40 years of traveling- oh well. :()

Ok used the ideas made a list but it in my suitcase. Tonight going in for a pruning . If I take one suitcase and pack a tote in it for gifts I will just pay for the second bag coming home. Do you guys use a hanging toiletry bag?

I leave the hanging toiletry bag at home…weighs too much. I use baggies of all sizes that go nicely on the shelf below the sink in HAL ships. Bag for cold meds, bag for tummy meds, bag for hair stuff, etc…If we are in a port a day ahead, we often pick up the "larger" versions of hair spray, deodorants, special shampoos, sun screens, etc.

Weight is now more important than convenience IMO.