Christmas-New Year 2014/15 on the Diamond

Just thinking about a B2B cruise on the Diamond Princess for next year's Christmas-New year. 14 days NZ + 8 day Tasmania would be a nice cool change and a no-fuss Christmas.

I've just looked at balcony prices ... $261 per day for the 22 days. I'm curious about the demand (and hence prices) for this cruise. Are there any/many great price drops and when is the best time to book?

Thanks for your input.

Anna:)

Just thinking about a B2B cruise on the Diamond Princess for next year's Christmas-New year. 14 days NZ + 8 day Tasmania would be a nice cool change and a no-fuss Christmas.

I've just looked at balcony prices ... $261 per day for the 22 days. I'm curious about the demand (and hence prices) for this cruise. Are there any/many great price drops and when is the best time to book?

Thanks for your input.

Anna:)

That is a fairly common price for a balcony this far out. As final payment date arrives prices might go down . If you book now to hold your cabin , if price goes down you could ask for a price decrease . If the price goes up you are booked at the lower price.

Pretty typical for Princess, and I wouldn't have thought there'd be much discounting giving the popularity of the time for the NY cruise.

If you look at them separately, the Tassie cruise may be subject to discounting though.

Pretty typical for Princess, and I wouldn't have thought there'd be much discounting giving the popularity of the time for the NY cruise.

If you look at them separately, the Tassie cruise may be subject to discounting though.

I thought that would be the case. Might have to look at something less popular to get a deal.

I thought that would be the case. Might have to look at something less popular to get a deal.

What about the one before ...I see she is doing a Round Australia cruise. Will that be a first for her?

Interesting to note that she is also doing 2 short cruises, before the NZ run. Once people get to hear about them they could be very popular.

What about the one before ...I see she is doing a Round Australia cruise. Will that be a first for her?

Interesting to note that she is also doing 2 short cruises, before the NZ run. Once people get to hear about them they could be very popular.

That's right David ..the Round Australia would be first for the Diamond. The Syd-Melbourne-Sydney shortie will be popular, but likely to be a party :rolleyes:

That's right David ..the Round Australia would be first for the Diamond. The Syd-Melbourne-Sydney shortie will be popular, but likely to be a party :rolleyes:

the Diamond is doing the cruise around Australia in november 2014 and februray 2015 but i think its the wrong time to be doing those cruises seeing it'd be too hot and muggy....we've been around there in october and april and it was hot then

the Diamond is doing the cruise around Australia in november 2014 and februray 2015 but i think its the wrong time to be doing those cruises seeing it'd be too hot and muggy....we've been around there in october and april and it was hot then

Agree Bob..it's a lousy time of the year north of the Tropic and that's half the continent. However a June, July, August Fremantle- Sydney would be a lot better.

Anna i noticed the Dawn Princess is doing a 15 night cruise to PNG in june 2015, it'd be nice to get away from our winter time....p&o have done a couple of cruises to PNG recently and the reviews have been good....bit different from our cruise in 2009

Hiya, we will be on the Diamond for this NZ Christmas/New Year - we didnt see a price drop since we booked in January and the cruise was a sell out by about Aug/Sept. However the one that is going now Sydney-Auckland (same itinerary just in reverse) - last minute cabins were reduced by half price ~$1500 for balcony...

Hiya, we will be on the Diamond for this NZ Christmas/New Year - we didnt see a price drop since we booked in January and the cruise was a sell out by about Aug/Sept. However the one that is going now Sydney-Auckland (same itinerary just in reverse) - last minute cabins were reduced by half price ~$1500 for balcony...

Thanks for that. Might be worth hopping a flight to Auckland at that price.

Enjoy your cruise :)