Hair dryers on Star Princess?

swdke

I have thick long hair, and they worked fine on my hair.

When I was on the Star, my SIL was also there, and she brought her "normal" hair dryer and I borrowed that a few times because it did work better than the smaller Princess hair dryer...

However, I personally never bring my hair dryer with me... so the Princess one is good enough! :)

As far as the location of the hair dryer, in all of my experiences, it has been mounted on the wall above the desk (with a big mirror right there).

Caroline,

Are the dryers in the bathroom or just outside? Do you think they'd work fast on thick hair?

On the Star and the Golden the hairdryers were in the bathroom. I have long hair, and I found them to be unacceptable. They did not have enough oomph to dry my hair in a timely fashion. I always travel with my own.

On our last cruise (on NCL Spirit), the electrical outlets were not 110 V. I had brought a step down converter but couldn't get it to work. Since I couldn't use my 110 V hairdryer, I was forced to use the shipboard hairdryer. It was awful, and I had the worst looking hair through the entire cruise. I was so frustrated.

The Princess hairdryers are usually out at the desk area. I do not recall them being in the bathroom.

I have short hair & do not like the ship hairdryers. I would think with long, thick hair you would be there for some time to be dry.

I always bring my small travel dryer.

Archived