Why are Ocean Views cheaper than ineriors?

bob sims

In doing extensive price checking over the last few weeks I find that, more than a couple of times, ocean view cabins are priced lower than interior cabins on the same cruise. As much as $100 less.

Any ideas as to why this anomaly happens?

Any number of reasons. Carnival has interiors w portholes, some w great deck access, french doors etc. Then there is location. An interior in great location could be more than ov in a bad spot. Prices fluctuate often for sales or managements needs to fill certain categories. It is possible carnival sold a lot of interiors to group agents and has a glut of ocean view to fill.

One thing is for sure, generally speaking you are right, oceanview is more expensive than interior. So if you are shopping interior and see oceanview for less snap it up :)

That happens a bit. Some of the interiors are in a better location or have portholes or french doors. Some of the ocean views have a poor location or an obstructed view.

During your search, click on one and see which rooms are going for the lower rate. That will give you a better idea of why the interiors are more expensive.

Dear bob sims

Yes Supply and Demand is the simple answer. As in most things a Plus and Minus occur. Frick and Frack. Yin and Yang.

Same as in grocery stores and/or retail. A SALE is not in your best benefit always. As they are trying to unload the items ..clearing inventory..

on SHIPs and at resorts that same .. Lost Leaders ( near wholesale cost) are used to entice the consumer and make them buy/book.

No matter what cabin the Cruise Lines have down to the US Penny what the average cruiser will spend. First timers spend a lot more as a normalcy. The figure just a few years ago was USD$ 18,000 for a family of four. I think now it is lower.

:rolleyes:

Hope you have Common Stock and obtain the Shareholder Benefit ( OBC) each cruise, ship, and line!

CCL/CUK :NYSE/LSE !

In doing extensive price checking over the last few weeks I find that, more than a couple of times, ocean view cabins are priced lower than interior cabins on the same cruise. As much as $100 less.

btn_us-money66x50.jpg.3506e4a483891715f9d83e9187ec547b.jpg

calculator124x93.jpg.0b492549b7dd085ee5156a40ec2e3ba7.jpg

That happens a bit. Some of the interiors are in a better location or have portholes or french doors. Some of the ocean views have a poor location or an obstructed view.

During your search, click on one and see which rooms are going for the lower rate. That will give you a better idea of why the interiors are more expensive.

BINGO! I've sailed in a lot of "OV" cabins that don't hold a candle to "IS", simply for one, or more of the reasons listed above. I think the cruising population is getting lots more savvy about the cabins now. ;)

"SKY"

Dear bob sims

Yes Supply and Demand is the simple answer. As in most things a Plus and Minus occur. Frick and Frack. Yin and Yang.

Same as in grocery stores and/or retail. A SALE is not in your best benefit always. As they are trying to unload the items ..clearing inventory..

on SHIPs and at resorts that same .. Lost Leaders ( near wholesale cost) are used to entice the consumer and make them buy/book.

No matter what cabin the Cruise Lines have down to the US Penny what the average cruiser will spend. First timers spend a lot more as a normalcy. The figure just a few years ago was USD$ 18,000 for a family of four. I think now it is lower.

:rolleyes:

Hope you have Common Stock and obtain the Shareholder Benefit ( OBC) each cruise, ship, and line!

CCL/CUK :NYSE/LSE !

Then..first child born in Jamestown...you are a direct descendent of Thomas Swann? and the swans. went back to the Norman Invasion.

they lived for Centuries in Kent, England and were connected to the Throne though their Patron,,,The Duke of Kent. That is how Jamestown got a charter. and Money. And it failed.

they set up a system where everyone shared alike. Spread the Wealth. Few worked. Many starved. Indians..sent in poisoned food. Killed bunches. the survivors..44..took to their remaining ship and sent sail..back to England..

.when they ran into three rescue ships sent by England. Capt. Issac Maddeson ( Madison) and his wife Mary, captained that ship. Madison..lived with the Indians for a bit, then was involved in a party where poisioned wine was served to the Indians in revenge for the first poison party. Big loss.

then Capt. Madison lured Pocahuntas onto his ship...by promising her a copper pot. She was seventeen. Married to an Indian Brave. While on his ship for a year and a half........she fell in love with Capt. John Rowe..who , a widower, returned her love. They married. Went to England. ( journals kept by those in Jamestown. National Archives.)

Madison founded the Madison line in The New World. He is my direct..male to male ( Y chromosome which can and has been traced back to his great grandson John Frederic Madison, Jr. he was the great grandfather of President James Madison.

AND..HERE IS THE STORY. Everyone who has had relatives in this nation since before the Civil War........is related to someone who will make your eyes POP!

There were only a Few people in the New World until after the Civil War. NO ONE wanted to come to the "new" World pre Civil War. It was a good place to die. Savage Indians. Swamps. French and English and Spanish constant wars. MOST of those who came to the new world.were forced to come.

they came on Penal Ships. Slave Ships. As Kidnapped Indentured Servants. Their lives..only the slaves had value..they were costly......the rest........Lives had little value.

Next time someone says "We are a nation of Immigrants. " Remind them that the first Penal Ships to Australia Did not sail..under after the American Revolution.

WE made this land. The poor...the enslaved...the prisoner the legal servant...Our blood

It is not for the Elites to sell it ..where ever they can find a buck.

sorry.

Start looking at your ancestry. you people might not have had a pot to wee wee in..but they have history.

THEN YOU CAN CRUISE..........TO WHERE YOUR ANCESTORS...came from. and practice your bragging rights too.

My Place to see..............The Orkney Islands. Home of my ancestors.

Edited by AmberTeka

Agree location is important!

Simple supply and demand. There's nothing unusual about it. I see it all the time.