The Converse - Food item Celebrity could take off the menu.

neverbeenhere

Well after coming back last week from the Eclipse we have been saying how the food has gone down over the last three years.

The choices seem to have got less and worse also. A prawn cocktail, which I seem to have most nights as I didnt like the other choices where not very good. Hardly any lettuce and a tiny slice of tomato if you are lucky. The four large prawns are nice though.

My husband didnt like the lobster.......which used to be the highlight of the cruise. It said it was very small and like rubber. And the awful Risotto that was under it was inedible.

What is happening with Celebrity????? We have had great meals with Royal Caribbean. Infact I now think they are better than Celebrity.!

I do hope they will take a look at the food they have to offer and the comments made and do something about it.

Also didnt we used to have with our coffee a chocolate.?

I agree about the Kobe meat loaf in Blu. Looks like an upturned can of cat food.

The gnocchi anyplace on the ship is terrible. I'm Italian and I've made it and though chewy, it shouldn't be the consistency of drying wallpaper paste balls.

Maybe I'm a lobster purist and strongly prefer cold water lobster, but then putting warm water lobster in a bowl of broth (or foam or whatever Blu wants to call it) was terrible.

I love escargot and was glad to see its return and loved it in October on the Millennium, but last week on the Reflection, they'd cut up one little snail and divide it amongst the 6 little butter wells and fill w/ butter and wave a clove of garlic over the top. Kind of like the loaves and fishes… but you can't feed an entire ship w/ 1 snail! :eek: Disappointing.

I actually asked if the meatloaf was spam. I remember having spam once as a kd and hated it. Their meatloaf was some kind of spicy weird chopped meat like product. I couldn't eat it. But then again, I find the meat on the eggs benedict to be close to a spam product, too. It was at one time real canadian bacon...not sure what it is now but has the same spicy taste.

However, I do find it funny that they call it Kobe "style" meatloaf. Guess the chef has never been to Japan and tried Kobe beef....it's like butter. Too die for!!!!!

On a side note...or first Equinox cruise the food went down...our second trip it had greatly improved.

Edited by 20pluscruises

• 2 weeks later...

The sushi on the buffet could be lot better.

Yes.

On our Norwegian Fjords cruise in 2012 DH and I decided to use the sushi as a snack before late dinner. That was over by day 3. Grocery store sushi is better. I'm not looking for top quality sushi bar sushi, but better than Kroger sushi shouldn't be too much to ask.