Price Drop - JS Guarantee - 2 rooms -What to do?

jahannah

Booked one room, a Category W, Junior Suite Guarantee for 4 passengers, for an April Western Carib. cruise on Allure. Prices went down $400 today on Junior Suites. Now, I can get two hump, adjoining JS on a preferred deck (deck 8) for ~$550 more than my guarantee.

My questions are:

1. Will my insurance, purchased within the pre-existing condition waiver period on the other booking, transfer to a new booking on the same boat?

2. Is the extra $550 and the loss of a chance at a true suite from the guarantee worth it to stick my teen kids in an adjoining JS and have a room and bathroom for DW and I alone?

3. Am I forgetting anything else that might be messed up (or any advantages/disadvantages) if I try to change the booking?

I have booked a courtesy hold for my preferred cabins, so I have 24 hours to make the change if so decided. My assumption is that I cannot simply call and get the price drop, since a JS category is not the same as the W category. The price drop would be about $240. Anybody have thoughts or try this before?

How can you find out about price decreases. Does your travel agent let you know?

How can you find out about price decreases. Does your travel agent let you know?

It's possible that the travel agent checks, but I suspect most travel agents don't have the time to check prices that often. You can do a mock booking on Royal's site and compare the price to what you paid.

As Bob said, you can do a mock booking on Royal's website. Also, there are several websites that provide relatively up-to-date cruise pricing on an individual cruise basis. If you do a google search for cruise price tracker, the one I use regularly will come up early in the results.

Not that anyone was waiting with 'bated breath, but I decided not to make the change. I had forgotten that we had received $300 in OBC as part of making the original booking. Losing that plus $550 was just too much. Fingers still crossed for higher than JS on the W guarantee! ;)

What was the $300 OBC for?

What was the $300 OBC for?

Two and a half months ago, they were running a pricing deal which included OBC. JS Guarantee had $300 OBC. Because I would be changing that booking to another one, they were considering that a new booking not eligible for the OBC.

• 1 month later...
I feel like I strongly agree with this. The downgrade would give everyone more space (and another bathroom to get ready in) and possibly give you back some money that could be put towards once in a lifetime excursions or dining. Of all the cruises I have been on no cabin has particularly stuck out as being memorable; since it sounds like your kids are young adults they will appreciate the gesture and make stronger memories doing stuff as a family, and will never remember what their room was like.

Just my opinion though.

Sorry to resurrect on old thread, but we eventually took the above advice. Prices came down and there was another WOW OBC sale, so we wound up better off.

Finally, just before final payment, we received our room assignment on the JS guarantee - a Deck 6 JS on Allure on the aft hump. We traded it for a Deck 8 JS on the aft hump and an adjoining D2 OV Balcony (partial hump), with $150 extra in OBC and a $50 refund to boot! Waiting worked out great! :D

Sorry to resurrect on old thread, but we eventually took the above advice. Prices came down and there was another WOW OBC sale, so we wound up better off.

Finally, just before final payment, we received our room assignment on the JS guarantee - a Deck 6 JS on Allure on the aft hump. We traded it for a Deck 8 JS on the aft hump and an adjoining D2 OV Balcony (partial hump), with $150 extra in OBC and a $50 refund to boot! Waiting worked out great! :D

That's great!

And don't apologize.

For one thing, you are updating us, which is always a good thing.

And for another thing, one month does NOT qualify as resurrecting an old thread! :D