Freedom of rhe seas returning to pc

I believe they had a medical emergency and docked early. Our friend posted on Facebook something to that effect. I am at work now so I cannot see that post now.

Yes Freedom has a medical. Equinox arriving in Port Everglades was a scheduled early arrival.

It was a surprise to see her cruise past the screen on the Port Everglades webcam about 11 pm last evening. The port schedule says she did a shift in piers about 3am this morning from Terminal 21 to the 'big one' Terminal 18'

It was on the schedule for that time last evening as she was arriving from Tenerife. You do not see that often

Interesting. I wonder if they planned the early arrival to get a jump on all the procedures that are normally scheduled after a TA.

As the ship passed by Fishlips on the way out, there did not appear to be too many people still awake. Most of the cabins were dark and very few visible on the decks.
Folks at Fishlips and the other channel side restaurants got quite a show with GR leaving and FR docking for medical emergency, then proceeding to the turning basin, turning around and sailing out.

Hope the passenger offloaded from FR will be OK and also the one from Equinox.

Anyone around that got off of FOS today? Just curious if she got to Labadee on time Tuesday morning after the u-turn back to PC last Sunday?

I read a post earlier today that stated they got to Labadee late and had a shortened call.

Away from dock. I just joined this forum tonight!

Welcome to CC! I can say it is usually not this exciting, getting a turn by turn as a ship returns for a medical emergency. Usually, it is just people fighting about tips, smoking, dress codes, that sort of thing. ;) I wish I knew about this, I was on GR at the time and had no idea we passed FR, I would have loved to have seen that. :)

Welcome to CC! I can say it is usually not this exciting, getting a turn by turn as a ship returns for a medical emergency. Usually, it is just people fighting about tips, smoking, dress codes, that sort of thing. ;) I wish I knew about this, I was on GR at the time and had no idea we passed FR, I would have loved to have seen that. :)
I felt bad for the sick passenger but it was interesting to watch the play by play via the webcam, Marinetraffic.com and CC folk's posts.

I read a post earlier today that stated they got to Labadee late and had a shortened call.

I just got off FOS this morning. We got to Labadee around 1:20 PM and stayed until 4:30 PM (originally scheduled to leave at 3:30). I had a cabana reserved 6 mos ago but I cancelled it due to short time in port. I saw an older gentlemen leaving the ship on a stretcher with what appeared to be his wife and several members of his family including a baby. They had an ambulance waiting and a taxi van pulling in to pick them up. I felt so bad for him and his family. Hope he's doing OK.

As nicksd said, we got Labadee late Tuesday after booking it all day Monday. We had strong head winds that were slowing us down. Boy it was really rocky that first day.

But we were told in the C&A party that the man is doing okay. They couldn't airlift him because of the vibrations and that's not good for heart problems (that's all they said, no more specifics. But with that info I'm thinking heart attack).

But we did get a nice welcome into Labadee. I'm not sure if they always do this when ships arrive since this is was the first time I've been to Labadee since they built the pier.

ejbsht.jpg

Edited by bambam2972

I just got off FOS this morning. We got to Labadee around 1:20 PM and stayed until 4:30 PM (originally scheduled to leave at 3:30). I had a cabana reserved 6 mos ago but I cancelled it due to short time in port. I saw an older gentlemen leaving the ship on a stretcher with what appeared to be his wife and several members of his family including a baby. They had an ambulance waiting and a taxi van pulling in to pick them up. I felt so bad for him and his family. Hope he's doing OK.
Thanks for the update.

As nicksd said, we got Labadee late Tuesday after booking it all day Monday. We had strong head winds that were slowing us down. Boy it was really rocky that first day.

But we were told in the C&A party that the man is doing okay. They couldn't airlift him because of the vibrations and that's not good for heart problems (that's all they said, no more specifics. But with that info I'm thinking heart attack).

But we did get a nice welcome into Labadee. I'm not sure if they always do this when ships arrive since this is was the first time I've been to Labadee since they built the pier.

ejbsht.jpg

Thanks for the update and the picture of your fabulous Labadee arrival. Glad to hear that the man taken off the ship is doing OK. RCI made a good call here. Edited by SherriZ366