Considering 1st NCL cruise on Sky

RCCLNYMETS41

Been on RCCL 11 times & a few times on Celebrity...considering trying NCL on Sky for 4 night getaway...I assume it's an older ship in the fleet being on 4 nighter...how is the physical ship's condition? How are the shows and the service?

For anyone who has been on RCCl as well, would you consider the 2 cruise lines fairly comparable? I know that Celebrity is considered a step up from both. Would I be disappointed trying the Sky for my 1st NCL?

Thanks in advance for any input.

I did my first 2 NCL cruises on the Sky in July~ 2 four days with a 3 day break in between the 2~ I thought the Sky was great~ clean, good condition, staff was amazing, service was great, entertainment was fabulous! Granted I haven't cruised Celebrity ever or RCCL in ages, but I don't think you'd be disappointed in the Sky~

Just off the Sky.

She's an older ship, a bit dated, and does not have the bells and whistles of many of the newer ships (no waterslide, etc).

That being said we had a great time on her. The lack of "bells and whistles" is made up for with an AWESOME activities/CD staff and there's always something to do.

The stage shows were some of the best that we've ever seen at sea.

The service was TOP NOTCH. Our steward was hands down the best we've ever had, and generally speaking the restaurant staff were capable. Guest Services left much to be desired at the desk, but other than them, the staff was great- friendly, professional, polite. We would be stopped often in the halls by stewards other than our own to wish us a good day or ask how dinner was.

To be honest, it's not how I'd choose to start my NCL "experience" but if you go into it knowing that she's an older ship that tends to attract the younger crowd, you'll have a good time.

DEFINITELY go to the Circus workshop- it was a hoot trying to learn to spin plates during some rough seas!

Edited by TravelDiva88

The Sky is my favorite ship.....and the only one I've sailed on more than once!!!

Sailing again on her this year! Sure she's an older ship, but personally I find enough to do without having all the bells and whistles!! ;)

If you are looking for a quick getaway, the SKy would fit the bill. She is older and as someone else said, she definitely has a great crew. Been on Celebrity, RCCL and NCL numerous times. It is like saying which do you like better: "apples, oranges or grapes?" I like them all but they are different.

I enjoyed my cruise aboard the Sky... the live musicians were very good and the crew were friendly. The buffet is smaller, less variety, and cramped compared to the newer ships but the food was still good especially the thin whatchamacallit steaks... pan fried steak? I only saw my steward once but she was friendly and beaming when I used my OBC to buy a stuffed animal and candy. The stewards must work so very hard on those short cruises! She kept my the cabin tidy and clean so no complaints there. So, I'm guessing even if you only "like" the Sky... You'll enjoy NCL's newer ships even more.

Edited by kylenyc

There is nothing wrong with the Norwegian Sky. She is a good ship.

Just be ready for a slightly smaller cabin than you might be used to. That's about the only downside of the Sky. Other than that, it's a good ship for the 3- and 4-day itineraries she sails. You'll have a lot of fun if you like to party, 'cause most of the folks on that ship seem to be weekend go-getters. :)

Don't let the Sky set your impression for all of NCL's fleet, though.

Looking forward to your review!