Have ship board credit but probably can't use it!

suegrape

Def book a photo session or take numerous photos around the ship with the photographers. We won one once and they are fantastic! Then don't buy pics there, but go to photo shop and have fun. We got big canvas one...twice. Great memory of your trip.

Don't stress about TOO much money...just have fun and make memories

Safe sailing

I agree with all the uses that you can use your OBC that others posted here. ONLY the DSC can not be used with those OBC's you have. However, something that has not been mentioned, or at least I didn't see, was that you can use the OBC towards any excursions that you book.

And, as others have said, you're in a suite. You should have no problems getting any excursion, reservations, etc. etc. when you contact your concierge.

Also, as a reminder, don't forget to tip your concierge and butler as they are not included in the DSC......of which, your OBC CAN be used for. Just let Guest Services now if that's your choice!

Harriet

I am an uber planner and I was very anxious about booking excursions and dinning. Relax! You are in a suite, enjoy yourself!

I understand with DH's events you are limited on time for family meals etc. Don't sweat it! The only restaurant to pre book is teppanyaki. Everything else write out the plan with your dates and times for specialty restaurants and your restaurant preferences. Be a little flexible i.e. List A is dates and times List B restaurant choices. Allow concierge to mix and match to get your preferred date and time. Give the lists to your concierge sit back and be amazed when they bring you your dinning confirmations.

If all else fails and you can't get your date and time, breathe and enjoy the suite perk a private family dinning experience from the specialty restaurant in your suite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If all else fails and you can't get your date and time, breathe and enjoy the suite perk a private family dinning experience from the specialty restaurant in your suite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point sparkygirl, I actually forgot suites could get specialty restaurant food delivered to their cabin.

Not a suite traveller, so a few perks I forget.

You should take advantage of this FCC with your nonrefundable obc, the worst situation you can easily transfer(SELL) at your cost $150 each. I think everyone in this board will pay for it at your cost then deduct $250 for their booking. You will get your $450 cash back(100%). Any receiver can save $$$ for their next NCL trip.

If you live /work in the city, I can bail you out. We meet and you transfer your fresh FCC to me(phone NCL transfer to me) on the spot I pay your cost in cash. Even we can have contract to protect both. NCL rule is after your transfer and you can not roll back(contract is protect receiver/payer). This is bail out transfer not purchase.

Most NCL OBC --- CAN NOT PAY TIPS. Do not wait last minutes you maybe loss your hard reward OBC or buy 10 cartons cigarette for/transfer your friends(5 cartons for $210).

Most NCL OBC --- CAN NOT PAY TIPS.

Please stop spreading misinformation. Or use the correct terminology in order to avoid confusing those who are new to NCL. Most OBC cannot pay for the Daily Service Charge but all OBC can pay for tips or gratuities (i.e., butler, concierge, additional for wait staff, additional for cabin steward, Kids Club, bar tabs, spa tips, etc.).

With 4 of you in the cabin and assuming the kids are over 3 years old, you will be charged an automatic gratuity of $12 per day for each of the 4 of you or $336 for the 7 day cruise. This pretty much uses most of the $450OBC. I do not see how this is a scam as you will use it up faster than you realize.

With 4 of you in the cabin and assuming the kids are over 3 years old, you will be charged an automatic gratuity of $12 per day for each of the 4 of you or $336 for the 7 day cruise. This pretty much uses most of the $450OBC. I do not see how this is a scam as you will use it up faster than you realize.

That OBC cannot be used for the Daily Service Charge.

I'm sorry but I have to correct this statement. You are referring to the Daily Service Charge ($12pp/pd). Most OBC cannot be used to pay the DSC.

This is a pet peeve of mine and some of the posts on this thread demonstrate why it's important to use the correct terminology. Some people like to use the terms tips/gratuities/daily service charge all interchangeably, but it's simply not right to do so. Tips and gratuities are the same thing. The DSC is not a tip when it comes to the use of OBC.

With 4 of you in the cabin and assuming the kids are over 3 years old, you will be charged an automatic gratuity of $12 per day for each of the 4 of you or $336 for the 7 day cruise. This pretty much uses most of the $450OBC.

As said multiple times in this thread, NCL given OBC cannot be used for DSC.

Good point sparkygirl, I actually forgot suites could get specialty restaurant food delivered to their cabin.

Not a suite traveller, so a few perks I forget.

We have a 3 year old, this perk is huge for us. ; ) if she's grumpy and not going to cooperate for dinner DH and I can dine in relative peace as she runs around, plays or watches DVD's. Not having to chase her or worry about disturbing other diners.