Norwegian spirit dry dock Jan 2014 and other questions

TSJE4

Hello Everyone . We are sailing the Spirit in June 2014 . First time with NCL :-)) I have read many reports of her going into dry dock next month and having a refurbishment but no reports of what they are doing . Has any body got any news ?

Just secretly hoping they are upgrading the cabins especially the 4 berth ones by putting Pullman beds instead of trundle so I don't feel like I'm camping 😜. ( For such a great itinerary she is seriously lacking good family cabins ) .

Also can anybody please tell me how much are the games in the video arcade . Silly question but having my almost 15 year old son with me I need to be prepared lol . Thanks

We are on the Spirit in June too. June 11th is our sail date.

You are correct. The Spirits cabins are not very family friendly. We ended up with 2 connecting balcony cabins. We have 4 teenage boys so there is 6 of us total. I wish they had Pullman beds. But I don't think that is going to happen in dry dock. At least not according to the NCL rep.

Keep in mind the Spirit was designed and built for the Asian cruise market. Her intricacies and design is what makes her a fan favorite of mine. I hope whatever they're doing to her besides checking under her belly is minor and cosmetic (replacing carpets, updating upholstery, etc.).

If the TVs haven't been upgraded yet then they will be in the cabins more than likely but I wouldn't plan on seeing any major cabin upgrades to the standard ones besides new carpeting where needed. Suites might get a sprucing up.

Keep in mind the Spirit was designed and built for the Asian cruise market. Her intricacies and design is what makes her a fan favorite of mine. I hope whatever they're doing to her besides checking under her belly is minor and cosmetic (replacing carpets, updating upholstery, etc.).

If the TVs haven't been upgraded yet then they will be in the cabins more than likely but I wouldn't plan on seeing any major cabin upgrades to the standard ones besides new carpeting where needed. Suites might get a sprucing up.

Changing cabins to Pullman beds is not an easy thing. The walls and ceiling are not structural, so you just can't hang a Pullman on the wall. In most cases, this would require dismantling the cabin completely to add structure to hold up the weight of the bed and occupant.

The TVs are flat panel and have Norwegian's new digital system.

Changing cabins to Pullman beds is not an easy thing. The walls and ceiling are not structural, so you just can't hang a Pullman on the wall. In most cases, this would require dismantling the cabin completely to add structure to hold up the weight of the bed and occupant.

Our Deck 5 oceanview cabin had a pullman-type bed that descended from the ceiling, so they do exist in some cabins on the Spirit.

Enjoy your cruises! :p

The TVs are flat panel and have Norwegian's new digital system.

Our Deck 5 oceanview cabin had a pullman-type bed that descended from the ceiling, so they do exist in some cabins on the Spirit.

Enjoy your cruises! :p

Didn't claim there weren't. Just saying that changing to them is not something routinely done at a refurbishment. That kind would be easier, but would still require removing the ceiling, welding supports to the underside of the deck above, renewing the carpet in that cabin (it would have to be taken up to weld underneath), and then reinstall the ceiling. Since the cabins in question already have pull-outs for the 3rd/4th berths, not sure they would think this would be cost effective.

I was lead to believe that the 4 berth family " ocean view ' cabins on deck 4 have one Pullman and one trundle . . The trundle goes in between the two lower singles . Wondering if the two lower can be put together to make a queen and the trundle goes on the other side ? Can anybody confirm ???

Also does anybody know how much the arcade is ( 14 year old is interested lol )

Thanks guys :-))

I was lead to believe that the 4 berth family " ocean view ' cabins on deck 4 have one Pullman and one trundle . . The trundle goes in between the two lower singles . Wondering if the two lower can be put together to make a queen and the trundle goes on the other side ? Can anybody confirm ???

Also does anybody know how much the arcade is ( 14 year old is interested lol )

Thanks guys :-))

If I remember correctly most arcade games were $1.00 and some more. My kids can burn through $20 each in about 3 minutes.

If I remember correctly most arcade games were $1.00 and some more. My kids can burn through $20 each in about 3 minutes.

Thanks for the reply . Better tell my son to start saving then :-). What is it with boys and video games lol