Cost of a martini?

LiseD

This is our first time on Celebrity (Reflection) and deciding if we should purchase the drink packages. My husband likes to drink beer, Canadian Club and martinis (not all at once!! ha ha)

I like a glass of wine, sometimes a martini or one of the fruity drinks!

Can you also confirm if only ONE in the cabin can buy a package? I tend to not drink but one or two glasses of wine a day....so don't think this is worth it for me!

Thanks!1

Martinis are 12 and up. The premium package covers them, and also anything from the Molecular Bar. I would advise purchasing the package just for the ease and convenience, and you will love the Molecular Bar! Try the Tanned Russian! If you like fruity, they have some amazing drinks, all from fresh ingredients, herbs, etc. Also. the premium package covers all specialty coffees, bottled water (we drink a ton on the ship and take on excursions, too) and vitamin water as well as fresh squeezed juices. You can always purchase the package on the ship on day 2, they pro-rate, after you've had some time to explore. Have a great cruise!

This is our first time on Celebrity (Reflection) and deciding if we should purchase the drink packages. My husband likes to drink beer, Canadian Club and martinis (not all at once!! ha ha)

Can you also confirm if only ONE in the cabin can buy a package? I tend to not drink but one or two glasses of wine a day....so don't think this is worth it for me!

Thanks!1

The cost of a regular gin or vodka martini (not the martini bar large fancy ones), is probably around $7 - $8.

We had the regular alcohol package on a recent cruise on Century. As martini lovers we were apprehensive that we would not get the martinis as they were priced at $10 and up. All bartenders were able to give us a smaller martini on the plan. Never a problem. I believe both must have the plan.

Other perks of the plan are fresh orange juice from scratch each morning. All coffee drinks in the Cova Cafe and bottled water when ever you needed them. Truly a worthwhile package. We definitely got our money's worth. Doing the plan again in the Spring.

Thanks!1

The martinis at the Martini Bar are $10 or $11. This includes a wide range of martinis on the Martini Bar menu. A copy of the menu is included on this page which has a lot of other bar menus as well (about 19 months old but most prices were current as of a few months ago) http://www.thepreismans.com/med_silhouette_menus.htm

The martini bar martinis are large martinis, around 3 or 4 oz, in a large glass and are, or can be, made with top shelf spirits with no upcharge.

At most other bars around the ship the martinis served are smaller and more basic. The cost is around $7 or $8 and they are made with bar well spirits, but can usually made with call brands such as Absolut Vodka or Beefeater gin for the same price. However if you want the top shelf premium spirits the price will be higher.

A couple of the bars, such as the ensemble lounge, are usually equipped to make the larger martinis off the martini bar menu on request.

On some cruises the Martini bar will make the smaller more basic martinis that cost less and are included with the classic package. But I've read that on some cruises the policy has been that the Martini Bar will only serve the larger more expensive martinis. You won't know for certain until you are on board.

One person in a cabin can get a package if it is being purchased. Both most get the same perk if the package is a selection from one of the 123go promotions. Remember there is no sharing of the packages since the cost is per person and not for a set amount of drinks.

Edited by Lsimon

thanks for the info....I understand the no sharing rule and would not break that.....but thinking this package would make sense for my husband but not me....think I would just buy a glass of wine by the glass....one or 2 is enough for me! Cheep drunk!! ha ha ha

We had the regular alcohol package on a recent cruise on Century. As martini lovers we were apprehensive that we would not get the martinis as they were priced at $10 and up. All bartenders were able to give us a smaller martini on the plan. Never a problem. I believe both must have the plan.

Other perks of the plan are fresh orange juice from scratch each morning. All coffee drinks in the Cova Cafe and bottled water when ever you needed them. Truly a worthwhile package. We definitely got our money's worth. Doing the plan again in the Spring.

thanks for the info, this is helpful

On some cruises the Martini bar will make the smaller more basic martinis that cost less and are included with the classic package. But I've read that on some cruises the policy has been that the Martini Bar will only serve the larger more expensive martinis. You won't know for certain until you are on board.

Thanks this is helpful info for considering premium upgrade

When you order a martini from the bartender, how does he/she know to make you the smaller (Classic) or larger (Premium)? Is it visually possible for a bartender to see which type of package you have simply by looking at your SeaPass card?

The real cost of a martini is what you do after your fifth one. ;)

“I like to have a martini,

Two at the very most.

After three I'm under the table,

after four I'm under my host.”

I can't imagine anything beyond the fourth! :D

When you order a martini from the bartender, how does he/she know to make you the smaller (Classic) or larger (Premium)? Is it visually possible for a bartender to see which type of package you have simply by looking at your SeaPass card?

If you order a martini at the martini bar without mentioning anything you'll get the $10+ martini and it will not be covered by your package.

The package is listed on the front of your seapass but the bartender will usually not ask for your card until after you receive your drink.

The answer is very simple. Just mention to the bartender you have the classic package and ask if you can order a martini covered by your package. This approach will work with any drink order where you are unsure of the price and if it is included or not. No need to ask prices or get into the details - just tell the bartender which package you have when ordering.

I can't imagine anything beyond the fourth! :D

There is an old saying: One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Two is my limit and even that is pushing it if I'm drinking a dry gin or vodka martini and they're pouring generously (which they sometimes do).

There is an old saying: One martini, two martini, three martini, floor.

Two is my limit and even that is pushing it if I'm drinking a dry gin or vodka martini and they're pouring generously (which they sometimes do).

Me too. Or should I say 2!

Yes, they can! On your sea card, the classic pkg will show a different color sticker than the premium pkg.