Nochi Cocum VS. Paradise Beach

carnival03

Our family will be cruising on the CCL in April visiting Cozumel for the first time. In my research I've come across two popular places... Nochi Cocum and Paradise Beach. Can anyone give any helpful tips and hints into these places along with their review? Do these places cost? What's there to do? Transportation? We're in port from 10:00-6:00 that day which for us would probably be 10:00-4:00 or 4:30 (we don't like to cut it close) so would time allow us to travel to one of these places? Your help is appreciated! Thanks!

Two VERY different beach clubs. A lot depends upon who you are travelling with and what you want to do.

Travelling with children or teens? :confused: Paradise is more family friendly, has a huge pool, nice facilities, good food and drinks, and charges $2 per person for chair/lounger rentals. The place is HUGE and offers water toys for an additional $12 fee.

Travelling with adults who enjoy good food& drinks? :confused: Nachi is smaller (limited to 100 guests per day), very quiet & relaxing, and is exclusively All-inclusive (food and drinks) for about $55 per adult. Great service, good facilities, food, drinks and great service.

Taxi to either will cost about $16+tip each way (for up to 4 in a cab) and will take about 15-20 minutes, depending upon which of the 3 piers you are at in Coz.

I have only been to Nachi of the two. You can find a link in my signature line for it. There's TONS of pictures.

What kind of day are you looking for? Relaxing? Swimming? Pool or ocean? Snorkeling? AI? or pay as you go? There are tons of places to go, but it would depend on what you are looking for.

We definitely want to go with a place that is pay as you go. We would prefer a mix of beach and ocean with snorkeling. I was reading on paradise beach and they ask you to spend $10 p/p in food which is not bad but is it strictly enforced? The only reason I some what steer away from this stuff is because we can easily walk back on the ship and get equally better food for free?

You are not going to find too much snorkeling at Paradise. If you want snorkeling, you should head to either Chankanaab or The Money Bar. Chankanaab has a price of $21 to get in, the Money Bar is free, but they expect you to buy food and drinks. Chankanaab is a National Park and it's beautiful and amazing snorkeling there. They don't expect you to purchase anything there, just the admission price. You can find 2 reviews in my signature line of the place with plenty of pictures.

As for if you get hungry and walking back to the ship, if you go to any of these places, they are not within walking distance, so that's out of the question. Most places are a $16 cab ride there.

Paradise beach is great! They have a really nice beach and a pier that you can snorkel from. And let´s not forget the HUGE pool with loung chairs!! The food and drinks are also very good! This place would be my pick any day!!

Edited by tinkerbeach