Dumb Dora

Sounds like OP was with all those kids at security at the airport and they just assumed the babysitter was another kid; kids don't normally need IDs.

I'm glad there is a provision for people who have had their purse stolen or lost their Ids to possibly get through security; but from what Marc has said it sounds completely iffy, and at the discretion of whatever TSA agent you happen to get,

Hopefully we get an update about whether they got on board.

No I'm not a troll!! I could strike back with a few names also.

I'm surprised TSA did not check ID for an adult. The babysitter is 21 years old and slipped through and was able to board a flight from Chicago to FL.

For those of you who understand thank you.

For those of you who attacked. Shame on you!!

This is the last post regarding this subject.

No I'm not a troll!! I could strike back with a few names also.

I'm surprised TSA did not check ID for an adult. The babysitter is 21 years old and slipped through and was able to board a flight from Chicago to FL.

For those of you who understand thank you.

For those of you who attacked. Shame on you!!

This is the last post regarding this subject.

One poster said that and then apologized. We all would like to know the outcome. This is one of many "issues" that can come up with traveling and it might help someone else in the future.

Edited by BND

Wow, it would be really helpful if people would read the entire thread before they open mouth and insert foot. Had they read, they would know that:

#1 - OP is in Florida, Dumb Dora is in Illinois with OPs family & their kids

#2 - First post states that flight leaves next morning

#3 - OP just paid for the airfare but has nothing to do with this person

Lighten up peeps:rolleyes:

Even if she made the flight, chances are not good that she's getting on the ship.

If this is a weeklong cruise, she's going to have a very hefty hotel bill once she's stuck in Florida. I hope that she's not going to expect the OP to pay for it!!!

Even if she made the flight, chances are not good that she's getting on the ship.

If this is a weeklong cruise, she's going to have a very hefty hotel bill once she's stuck in Florida. I hope that she's not going to expect the OP to pay for it!!!

My 10 year old granddaughter needed ID for the plane and the ship in April. This is why I suspected a troll. Again, my sincere apologies!

TeeChi, I hope they are pranking you and all will be well!

Remember the game show Match Game.

Question #1 - Dumb Dora was so dumb she forgot to do what before the cruise.

I had to laugh at this. My first name is Theodora, but when I was born, my mother immediately told everyone that I was to be called Teddie. She did not want anyone calling me Dumb Dora.

Teddie

I was thinking that since she has a birth certificate and an expired picture ID, they just might be willing to let her on. Years ago, right after they started requiring picture IDs, which it didn't know, I was able to board the plane with an expired ID as long as it had a picture. Personally, I think it's pretty brazen to get on a plane thinking you don't actually have proper ID knowing you will have at least two more ID checks to get back home. Doesn't say much for our airport security. :mad:

Tee Chi - ignore the rude people. We are interested in how it turned out! Hope she was able to get on the cruise. That stinks that you did such a nice thing for someone and they couldn't follow through on the basics of a valid ID. Hope it worked out! Either way enjoy your cruise!!

Tee Chi - ignore the rude people. We are interested in how it turned out! Hope she was able to get on the cruise. That stinks that you did such a nice thing for someone and they couldn't follow through on the basics of a valid ID. Hope it worked out! Either way enjoy your cruise!!

I agree!! I also want to know if Dora made it to the ship!!

I'm curious about boarding the ship too.

Even making it past TSA checkpoint isn't a guarantee any more. TSA Agents are sometimes at the gate checking ID's now. Also, getting back could be an issue. Just because she made it through on the way does not mean she will in Ft Lauderdale. At least then there isn't the risk of missing the cruise--just the return flight.

My 10 year old granddaughter needed ID for the plane and the ship in April. This is why I suspected a troll. Again, my sincere apologies!

Unless traveling internationally, photo ID is not required for children under 16 to fly. I fly weekly & often see airline staff & TSA look at ID's for kids if they are handed to them, but have never seen a child turned away from a domestic flight for not having photo ID.

I host groups of cruisers, we get 30 or so people (mostly senior single women) and we leave from Winnipeg fly to Toronto and then into Miami or Ft Lauderdale or even LA.

Several years ago, I wanna say 6, we had a lady with us who had come from Flin Flon that is 10 hours north of Winnipeg.

She took a bus down, had two days of pampering in the "big city" and then we were to take off from the air port.

As we were going through security, she realized that she had in fact taken her deceased husbands passport by mistake.

She didn't drive, and didn't have any type of birth certificate either.

With some talking and explaining (including a fax of her actual passport without a picture as it wouldn't scan) we managed to not only get her through wpg, TO and US customs, she was able to board the ship and then get back home.

The photo id I had to work with NO KIDDING was a Costco card with her picture on it, and a black and white photo of her with her (now 42 year old) son in a baby blanket.

Was it easy?? NO WAY, but were people understanding?? ABSOLUTELY. It can be done, it was after 9/11 and yes it goes into my stories about the benefits to travelling with a group!!!

I hope everything goes well for the OP

Chass

I lost my wallet the day before a flt. This was three weeks after 911.I had a. Town I'd for parks dept with photo on it. I traveled for 2 weeks 10 flts with this (pool pass) till my new license was issued.I was always calm and explained every flt, it took more time than normal but was never denied flt.

Stopped reading thread once darts started but would like to help if possible. Hope others post their experiences.

We have 69 full time folks plus family members that we took on a cruise with Royal. All employees got a vacation packet with step by step directions on what to have and how to address problems. Supervisors were asked to verify everyone understood and follow up problems.

Families flew in from around the country. With all the pre- planning and follow up there were still expired I.d. issues, name issues and so on.

All got through each airport and Royal security. They all accepted the expired I'd with either a birth cert, credit card, social security card, even paycheck stub. Several were initially turned down but knew to ask to escalate to the next supervisor in line.

They did the same type check as they do trying to follow linking documents in a name change situation. Once they felt they had the proper person they were allowed to proceed.

I have no doubt that each person could have just as easily been turned back at any point. We did stress that being polite and professional would be of benefit and I believe all were. It is stressful on all including those trying to verify identity. You know they don't want to make a wrong call either. You know you are honest but they have a finite amount of time to determine if you fit the primary I'd requirements or secondary allowed combinations.

Yes Rhonda...apology accepted.

Baby sitter was travelling from Chicago to Fl. She looks younger than 21 and was able to board the fllight. They did not ask for her ID. Maybe TSA thought she was one of my brother's children.

Baby sitter was also able to board the ship..no questions asked. She had an expired state ID and birth certificate.

Baby sitter was also able to fly home today.

I'm so shocked. I thought valid ID means not expired.

All ended well.:)