Weigh-in ~ 7/14/05

WeirdEyes

Good morning everyone. I have not posted to this thread for weeks and weeks now because I was busy training for my triathlon and freaking out but it's over, I am not dead and I weighed in today. 189!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost a couple pounds! It only takes working out 2 hours a day :)

Good morning everyone. I have not posted to this thread for weeks and weeks now because I was busy training for my triathlon and freaking out but it's over, I am not dead and I weighed in today. 189!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I lost a couple pounds! It only takes working out 2 hours a day :)

Nancy ~ How did you do at the triathlon? Congrats!

Congrats on the triathlon.

This week I am back down to the original weight of 297. That means I lost seven pounds, IF my scales were working properly last Thursday morning (I have my doubts). I find it hard to believe that I gained 7 lbs one week and lost the exact amount the next.

Either weigh I seem to be back on track, especially mentally. Gaining seven pounds in one week sure shot my Thursday and weekend.

Keep losing the wieght.

Have a Great Week

dan

Congratulations for the loses. I gained 2 lbs. I'm not going in the right direction. I gained 1 last week, now 2 this week. UGH!!!! So I've gained back 3 of the 5 I lost during the last pledge, pooey.

Ok, I need to get back on track. DH told me he is booking the 12 day Carnival Liberty Med. for next May so I have, hmmm 10 months to lose the 10 lbs. I've been struggling with. That's plenty of time, I hope.

Good luck this week.

Congratulations for the loses. I gained 2 lbs. I'm not going in the right direction. I gained 1 last week, now 2 this week. UGH!!!! So I've gained back 3 of the 5 I lost during the last pledge, pooey.

Ok, I need to get back on track. DH told me he is booking the 12 day Carnival Liberty Med. for next May so I have, hmmm 10 months to lose the 10 lbs. I've been struggling with. That's plenty of time, I hope.

Good luck this week.

Keep going you can do it! Sometimes it just takes a little renewed confidence!! I have found when the scale starts to go in the wrong direction I need to really look at what I am eating and drinking. Most of the time I find I have increased my alcohol intake to more than 1-2 per week, not counting my bites and nibbles and my water intake has gone down. Also, try mixing up what you eat. If you eat cereal every morning for breakfast - try eggs. I have found that helps as well! Random question - what does DH stand for?

Good lcuk! You can do it!

DancerOT,

Thanks for the encouragement. DH stand for Darling Husband or Dear Husband. I have been nipping the wine. I need to keep that down. It's VERY HARD being I'm in the wine industry. We just bought 7 cases as a friend who works at another winery was having a huge sale.

Hubby is a bad influence on me at times. That was the case more this past week than the wine.

I'm down a half-pound this week. :D It's tough with all the heat. Right now, I just want to go home and lay down.

The best thing for me is to force myself (or DH :rolleyes: ) to make dinner at home instead of eating out. This makes a huge difference and even made up for the half a bag of chocolate chip cookies I have devoured since Sunday. :eek:

I am also drinking more tea in the morning instead of coffee. I only add sugar-substitute to my tea, but coffee has to have some cream too. I save a few calories with this switch-aroo. Every little bit helps! I really want to lose this 10 pounds for my cruise. Like I've said before, it won't drop my dress size, but it will make what I've got look better!

Good luck everyone!

I gained 2 lbs. I'm not going in the right direction. I gained 1 last week, now 2 this week. UGH!!!! So I've gained back 3 of the 5 I lost during the last pledge, pooey.

QUOTE]

You can turn it around! I was in the same boat - I had gained back 5 of those hard lost pounds, but I am now back where I was a month ago. Just focus on one day at a time - you can do anything for a day! and start the next day all over!

I lost 3.5 this week :eek: amazing! I keep alternating between nibling on bad stuff and eating right - if I could just focus on the eating right part, this would be easy! Now if that's not an understatement, I don't know what is!

Have a good week all!

Kat

Kat - Did you have some secret to losing 3.5 lbs in one week???

I know I need to get back on the exercising bandwagon. I have been really bad the last two weeks - well tommorrow is a new day! If nayone has any great ideas to motivate me to hit that gym I would eternally grateful. I seem to be really good for 2 weeks and then really bad for 2 weeks.

I'm excited that this board is here, so I'm gonna go ahead and do it. I'm still uncomfortable posting my weight, but I'll put a sticky not with today's weight on it and report back based on that.

I love hanging out on this board and I hope to meet many of you eventually!

Lady V

Nancy ~ How did you do at the triathlon? Congrats!

Well my gaol was to finish the same day I started and I did that.

Truthfully I did not come in last but was almost last. I was last in my age group too.

I got into the water and was one of the few people without a wetsuit. It was so cold! I hyperventilated and almost got out (it was 59 degrees). I was in the process of turning around when a woman near me, who had been saying "It's too cold, I can't do this" started yelling for help and drowning. I stopped and tried to encourage her and stopped worrying about me and in the process got a little used to the water. When they pulled her out I started to swim (despite all the training I was doing my best Esther Williams side stroke) and halfway through I started doing the Freestyle. The woman, Vicki, who had been encouraging me started to freak out because the men were started after us (stupid idea) and were gaining on us. She kept saying "Their coming". I tried to calm her down and stayed with her even tho at that point I actually could have gone faster and gotten out about 5 minutes faster. She had stayed with me tho and I could not leave her. She ultimatly went way ahead of me on the bike and beat me by several minutes but we helped one another out of the water. Everytime she saw me she encouraged me and made my day very nice.

I had a really, REALLY good time and got hooked. I finished the whole process, 500 meter swim in Lake Michigan, 1/2 mile run, 13.1 mile bike and 3.1 mile run in 2 hours and 22 minutes. Which is VERY slow but not the slowest of the day. I think I can do my next one in around two hours and that would be great.

I'm excited that this board is here, so I'm gonna go ahead and do it. I'm still uncomfortable posting my weight, but I'll put a sticky not with today's weight on it and report back based on that.

I love hanging out on this board and I hope to meet many of you eventually!

Lady V

Lady V ~ You don't have to post your actual weight; just how much yo lost or gained. We aren't THAT nosy...LOL!

Glad you found this board. :D

Nancy ~ You did an amazing job!!! I don't care if you finished almost last. You are an inspiration. You go girl!!!

Nancy - Wow! I am SO impressed! Just this afternoon, we were watching a triathlon in Minnesota. I said exactly the same thing about the men starting AFTER the women. It makes no sense. This is one time when "ladies first" should be passed up! :D

Thanks for sharing your experience. You really are an inspiration. It was tough enough for me to get out of the house for a 20 minute walk tonight. Maybe I should go pull out my weights before bed....

I am new here so i hope iam doing this right.

So glad I found this site CC I believe it will be really helpful

and if I can get some help with losing weight before my cruise

that would be great. I figure I have about 35 pounds to lose.

I have started going to the gym 3 times a week but any other

helpful tid bits would be appreciated.

Archived