Upgrade charge for premium drinks

REP

Doe anyone know what the upcharge might be if we order a premium drink (Stoli Elite or Grey Goose) which are not included on the complimentary list? We do not drink enough to upgrade to a premium package.

Depends on how up you go but we just got off the Quest and the upcharges we encountered were $3 to $5. Our bar tab was $22.50 for a 12 night cruise and we partook liberally.;)

Thanks - sounds like very fair pricing, we will enjoy.:D

BTW, the "included" booze is not too shabby if you like mixed drinks. The pina coladas, daiquiris, sunrises, margaritas, etc. were really tasty and large. I drink Manhattans often and they were OK too. The only uplifts we paid for were things like Irish Coffee, Baileys, and such. One couple we hung out with liked scotch and water and were happy with the included stuff. Another were into gin and tonic and they were happy too. If you like your whiskey neat, single barrel bourbon or 12 year old scotch or single malt or whatever, or you want a cognac or almost any other after dinner liquer you will pay an up charge. I assume Napoleon brandy will be more than $5 but can't tell from personal experience. Ask the bartender and enjoy the trip! ps. the "included" wine that used to only be served at meals is now poured all day.

BTW, the "included" booze is not too shabby if you like mixed drinks. The pina coladas, daiquiris, sunrises, margaritas, etc. were really tasty and large. I drink Manhattans often and they were OK too. The only uplifts we paid for were things like Irish Coffee, Baileys, and such. One couple we hung out with liked scotch and water and were happy with the included stuff. Another were into gin and tonic and they were happy too. If you like your whiskey neat, single barrel bourbon or 12 year old scotch or single malt or whatever, or you want a cognac or almost any other after dinner liquer you will pay an up charge. I assume Napoleon brandy will be more than $5 but can't tell from personal experience. Ask the bartender and enjoy the trip! ps. the "included" wine that used to only be served at meals is now poured all day.

I wasn't aware there would be an up charge....i just assumed i would pay the full amount of the non included drink. So this is excellent news.

Has anyone tried this with the beer selections?? And if so ...was there an up charge...or did you pay the full amount for the premium beer

Thanks

Here you go, Janet. I bookmarked it when Uktog was kind enough to post it. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=38866826&postcount=422

Thank you. I drink vodka martinis and the house vodka is usually good enough. It's Grey Goose on Celebrity, so it must be of equal quality on Azamara.

The ships never carry Tito's Handmade Vodka, my favorite, which is made in Austin, TX, anyway. :)

Edited by Kellie Poodle

Thank you. I drink vodka martinis and the house vodka is usually good enough. It's Grey Goose on Celebrity, so it must be of equal quality on Azamara.

The ships never carry Tito's Handmade Vodka, my favorite, which is made in Austin, TX, anyway. :)

I am with you on the Tito's! Makes a great martini.

The house vodkas on Azamara are Finlandia and Smirnoff. Grey Goose will be an upcharge if you don't purchase an upgrade package.

I am with you on the Tito's! Makes a great martini.

The house vodkas on Azamara are Finlandia and Smirnoff. Grey Goose will be an upcharge if you don't purchase an upgrade package.

Smirnoff is not a favorite. If I can't get Tito's, I prefer Absolut. If it's free, Finlandia is fine :D

I could buy a bottle of Tito's in New Jersey of all places, but very few bars carry it, not even here in Texas.

What is the upgrade package? This is the first I'm hearing of it. Does it have Tito's?

I have a bottle of Tito's in the freezer as I type...mind you it is half empty or half full. If we are ever on a cruise together, I will bring you a bottle.

It is definitely half-empty. I can be the "half-full" optimist for lots of things, but when my vodka bottle is in a state of depletion, there is nothing to be optimistic about :)

My next cruise is below. Will you be with us?

BTW, you are the first person I've met who also appreciates Tito's. Others I know who like it got there through me.

When I was in Russia a couple of years ago, I learned that vodka is just neutral spirits. The flavor depends upon what the distiller flavors the spirits with. Tio Tito got it right!

For those who are gluten intolerant, Tito's Handmade vodka is gluten free as it's distilled from corn.

As a further testament to my Texan loyalty, I am sitting here with a glass of Ste Genevieve Malbec, cellared and bottled in the god-forsaken town of Ft. Stockton, TX. For about $8 for an over-sized bottle at HEB, it's pretty darned good.

Smirnoff is not a favorite. If I can't get Tito's, I prefer Absolut. If it's free, Finlandia is fine :D

I could buy a bottle of Tito's in New Jersey of all places, but very few bars carry it, not even here in Texas.

What is the upgrade package? This is the first I'm hearing of it. Does it have Tito's?

There are several levels of upgrade packages. Check with your TA or the website or on board. ACC is marketing the heck out of them and they are not worth the money in my opinion, but if I was a whisky snob or cognac person I might disagree. You can take on your own booze if you want but will have to drink it in your room. Tito's is not available on board at any price.

And ps. for those of us who want the piano returned to the Mosaic: it won't happen, the area has been taken over for sales of liquor packages and art, an extended version of the adjacent shops. If you haven't cruised with ACC lately you will encounter the new sales push all over the ship. The spa people stand in the elevator lobbies and push their services as well.

It is definitely half-empty. I can be the "half-full" optimist for lots of things, but when my vodka bottle is in a state of depletion, there is nothing to be optimistic about :)

My next cruise is below. Will you be with us?

BTW, you are the first person I've met who also appreciates Tito's. Others I know who like it got there through me.

When I was in Russia a couple of years ago, I learned that vodka is just neutral spirits. The flavor depends upon what the distiller flavors the spirits with. Tio Tito got it right!

For those who are gluten intolerant, Tito's Handmade vodka is gluten free as it's distilled from corn.

As a further testament to my Texan loyalty, I am sitting here with a glass of Ste Genevieve Malbec, cellared and bottled in the god-forsaken town of Ft. Stockton, TX. For about $8 for an over-sized bottle at HEB, it's pretty darned good.

pps. Fort Stockton is in a beautiful albeit remote part of the state. God forsaken places exist, but not there.

Had some awesome Moscow Mules at a fabulous restaurant in Chicago called Wood today......made with Titos....delicious!

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/librarylady19/593b73265d997a6ab3c501c114152cd1.jpg[/img]"]593b73265d997a6ab3c501c114152cd1.jpg

pps. Fort Stockton is in a beautiful albeit remote part of the state. God forsaken places exist, but not there.

I agree with you about the area. It's the town that I don't like.

The winery doesn't even have tours or a tasting room. That would be a redeeming feature. There used to be a supermarket there that had wonderful steaks, but that's gone.

We have been passing through Ft. Stockton since 1996 as it's the best route for us to get out of Texas when heading west. Other than the defunct supermarket, there is nothing in the town that has any appeal to me.

We were just there last summer on our way to Oregon, stopping in Las Cruces to visit friends, in our RV. I disliked the town as much as ever.

We've stayed in more remote and less attractive areas of Texas and none of them leave me with the feeling of desolation that Ft. Stockton does.

I would rather be in the Davis Mountains, Big Bend, The Hill Country, Caddo Lake State Park, the Piney Woods, El Paso, down here in The Valley or just about anywhere in Texas than Ft. Stockton. :)

I agree with you about the area. It's the town that I don't like.

The winery doesn't even have tours or a tasting room. That would be a redeeming feature. There used to be a supermarket there that had wonderful steaks, but that's gone.

We have been passing through Ft. Stockton since 1996 as it's the best route for us to get out of Texas when heading west. Other than the defunct supermarket, there is nothing in the town that has any appeal to me.

We were just there last summer on our way to Oregon, stopping in Las Cruces to visit friends, in our RV. I disliked the town as much as ever.

We've stayed in more remote and less attractive areas of Texas and none of them leave me with the feeling of desolation that Ft. Stockton does.

I would rather be in the Davis Mountains, Big Bend, The Hill Country, Caddo Lake State Park, the Piney Woods, El Paso, down here in The Valley or just about anywhere in Texas than Ft. Stockton. :)

you must have missed Odessa! or Andrews! or Seminole! the god forsaken list is a long one.